“Met my high expectations”

Emeril's New Orleans
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 2,034 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Cross street: Julia Street
Description: Opened in 1990 by Chef Emeril Lagasse in New Orleans, Emeril's Restaurant serves his signature style of "New New Orleans" cuisine, featuring the best local and regional seasonal ingredients. Nestled in a renovated pharmacy warehouse on Tchoupitoulas Street in the heart of the city's Warehouse District, Emeril's interior features rustic exposed brick and glass walls flanking one side of the main dining room, with plaster-lathe wood forming a wine wall on the other. Guests may enjoy watching the action in the kitchen while enjoying a meal at the chef's Food Bar.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My gf and I ate at the kitchen bar table, which is literally a bar top basically in the kitchen overlooking the food stations like 3' away! What a fun and different way to enjoy a meal! Not good for larger groups, but if it's just you and your significant other, it's an experience that's worth having at least once. Food was seriously delicious and we are both wannabe foodies that eat out way more often than we should. I had the halibut special and she had Emeril's verions of a mexican enchilada. Service was the best during out trip in NoLa. Even the wine the server suggested with our meals was fabulous. Hard to find anything I could complain about of anything I could've changed with this meal. Highly recommended. Oh, one last thing, be sure to make reservations at least a few weeks in advance or it will be hard to get a table. They are busy!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,435)

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Emeril's New Orleans did not disappoint. I thought it was going to be something less than fine dining being his name is so commercial and all, but I was pleasantly surprised.
The atmosphere is what you would expect from a fine dining establishment. I had the pork chop (pictured on the Emeril's website) and it was very tasty! Tons of flavor in everything we had. The service was ever present and friendly. Wine list was enormous and in fact, the area of the restaurant we sat in was surrounded by incased wine bottles.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is one of the nicest restaurants I have ever visited. The meal was excellent, the wait staff was superb, and the ambience fantastic. I had the catch of the day which was excellently prepared with three sauces and accompanied with sweet potatoes. My companion had scallops in garlic sauce. We were given 3 different types of rolls before our dinner arrived. All 3 were very good. I highly recommend this restaurant when you visit New Orleans. It is in the warehouse district close to the World War II Museum.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Sweep into this restaurant and you will be calmly 'whelmed' with a quiet, warm service pace. With plates and glasses and dishes coming and going so smoothly by two servers that you will hardly notice they were there. The food is excellent, well plated and the flavours are spot on!

Don't get me started on the wine list - fantastic. Try the catfish as it is truly unique and delicious!

2nd restaurant of Emeril's I have been a patron on and the same service - completely stunning. Well done!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped here on our walk from the Convention Center back to our French Quarter hotel, and sat at the bar. Casual, but classy atmosphere. The Duck Wings were like candy, a great great finger food.