“Another Great Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Emeril's New Orleans

Emeril's New Orleans
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Cross street: Julia Street
Description: Opened in 1990 by Chef Emeril Lagasse in New Orleans, Emeril's Restaurant serves his signature style of "New New Orleans" cuisine, featuring the best local and regional seasonal ingredients. Nestled in a renovated pharmacy warehouse on Tchoupitoulas Street in the heart of the city's Warehouse District, Emeril's interior features rustic exposed brick and glass walls flanking one side of the main dining room, with plaster-lathe wood forming a wine wall on the other. Guests may enjoy watching the action in the kitchen while enjoying a meal at the chef's Food Bar.
Pooler, Georgia
“Another Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Simply one of the best of New Orlean's restaurants. We were there with a group of 9, which for most restaurants is always a challenge to serve food hot, but not at Emeril's. I started with the gumbo that was excellent. One of the members of our group had the homemade andouille and boudin sausages, which he raved about. My wife had the andouille crusted drum fish that was served with a vegetable medley, shoestring potatoes and glazed pecans. She loved it. I opted for the evening special that was braised breast of veal served with a Louisiana field pea succotash and mango chow chow. The veal was very tender with an excellent taste. Of course, we had to have some wine and enjoyed both a red and white from Emeril’s extensive wine list, although it is a little pricy. Servers and the wine steward were helpful and very attentive. All in all there’s not much to not like at Emeril’s - although it can get a little noisy when full.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
West Haven, Connecticut
“Expected More”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Duck Wings were awesome, but everytinge else was average. Gumbo was my least favorite of 5 different ones tried in N.O.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nashville, Tennessee
“Topnotch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great and I mean great service. Three different servers floating by to take care of us. Get the drum. I said, "get the drum" One of the best meals I've had in New Orleans and I've been going for years because my son went to Tulane. My husband and I are well traveled and enjoy the finer things in life, so when I say go to Emerils, take my advice!

Visited January 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Absolutely average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

In Nola for a month and ...when in Rome (go to Emerils).
I'm a foodie and made reservations a week ago. I'm in the hospitality industry and dined with my good friend/co-worker, Chef. We chose 3 appetizers to share. The duck wings, the roasted oysters & escargot, and the crawfish meatballs. The first 2 were great. The latter, not so much. I asked the server, "are they crawfish balls, or is there actual meat?" "it's pancetta" she said. Hmm, still interested but more confused, they all arrived. Let's just say they were ground pork with a fishy taste. I found a large white "thing" in my meatball. Initally, I thought it was a large piece of crawfish. Nope. Then I thought it was a whole garlic clove. Nope. Way too hard. Perhaps a shell. Nope. I called the server over since she told me it was crawfish & pancetta (which it wasn't), maybe she would know. Nope. Nobody knew, not even the Manager. We surmised that a bone got through the grinder. Fair enough. [--] happens. Not tragic. Just strange. The 2 servers and Manager were "under the impression" that the crwafish meatballs were pacetta. But...lets think of what the first named ingredient was? The polenta accompaniment was delicious; light, fluffy & flavorful. My Chef friend loved the oysters/escargot and the spicy bread. For my entree, I got the BBQ salmon with andouille hash. Yeah, it was salmon. Average. Nothing fantastic. The andouille hash was potatoes & tomatoes and 1 peice of andouille. Again, the 1st named ingredient was...? He got the duck. He thought the dirty rice cake was interesting & yummy. Me too. We ordered dessert: walnut foster bread pudding & upside down whiskey pecan pie with sweet potato ice cream. Haha! They both looked and tasted exactly the same. The sweet potato ice cream was the right color, but had no flavor at all except for the caramel sauce; the same taste as the bread pudding. The only difference was the bananas. We thought the food was... Fine. Nothing earth shattering, nothing horrible. The service ... Not so great. The runners were fanatic, but the initial servers were not. Throughout many conversations tonight, we were repeatedly interrupted. Timing is everything. I was so turned off when our server blurted out the fact that she had specials to tell us about, while we were in the middle of a conversation. We get it: turn those tables. Get em in, get em out. But the dining experience is about the customers satisfaction with the food and the service with hopes to return.... Which we won't be doing anytime soon.

COLUMBUS
“Excellent food and excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was in New Orleans with a friend for the New Years. We stayed at a hotel within walking distance of Emeril's. We called for reservations and they said they were full, but could accomodate us at the bar. What they really meant was they had a few tables near the bar. The waiter was very good, knowing the menu fully. We ordered Emeril's Salad which had Baby Mixed Greens, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Pepper Jack Cheese,and Seasoned Croutons. It was excellent.
For the entree I ordered Andouille Crusted Drum which came with Grilled Local Vegetables, Shoestring Potatoes, Glazed Pecans, Creole Meuniére. The drum was cook perfectly and the sauce was wonderful. My friend had Sweet Barbecue Glazed Salmon which came with Andouille-Potato Hash, Crisp Onions,and House Made Worcestershire. My friend also gave his great reviews.
As always the food was great and the service was excellent. Emeril's prices may be a little pricey but well worth it. I will go again.

1 Thank COL39701