“Good Food, Great Space”

Emeril's New Orleans
Reserve with OpenTable
Emeril's New Orleans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 2,049 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Cross street: Julia Street
Description: Opened in 1990 by Chef Emeril Lagasse in New Orleans, Emeril's Restaurant serves his signature style of "New New Orleans" cuisine, featuring the best local and regional seasonal ingredients. Nestled in a renovated pharmacy warehouse on Tchoupitoulas Street in the heart of the city's Warehouse District, Emeril's interior features rustic exposed brick and glass walls flanking one side of the main dining room, with plaster-lathe wood forming a wine wall on the other. Guests may enjoy watching the action in the kitchen while enjoying a meal at the chef's Food Bar.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Very fun atmosphere. A little loud but we liked that. Service was good. Our appetizers were the hit here. My Duck Wings were the best wings I have ever tasted anywhere. I also, highly recommend the scallops! They were cooked to perfection!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,455)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Arrived without reservations, Friday night. Was able to get immediate seating at a bar table. Staff was great! Atmosphere not too noisy. Meal started with best gumbo I've ever had. Mussels appetizer was exceptionally good with a unique preparation. Unfortunately my duck wasn't crispy(asadvertised). I'd give it 4.5 stars

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been to New Orleans many times, but I had never dined at famed chef Emeril Lagasse's flagship restaurant -- "Emeril's." Seldom do I heap these kinds of accolades upon a dining establishment, but this was a perfect evening. My cousin and his wife succumbed to my demand to have dinner at Emeril's. They live in NOLA and went along with my tourist type desire. Satisfied, all, that they did so. First and foremost, the TREMENDOUS service was second to none thanks to our head waiter (3 per table) Sylvia Berry. Moreover, this establishment is "alive" and vibrant. The food was simply put: Exquisite. An EXTENSIVE wine list was the first plus, but the premium Scotch menu was over the top for a start to this perfect experience. Our shared appetizers--Emeril's New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp and Judith Calamari (the Pepper Jelly w/fried Okra included version) were Southern hospitality in a divine way. We skipped the salad course because we were getting full off of the two appetizers being shared by the three of us, and the variety of freshly baked bread products. The entrees were so generous in terms of portion sizes I wanted to pay more for our dinner. The Grilled Double Cut Pork Chop was a meal for two--really. Served with caramelized sweet potatoes, tamarind glaze and green Chile mole, not even a 6'4 250pd man ate the entire dish. Tender and succulent as one would expect in an establishment of this ilk. I tasted my cousin's wife’s sweet barbeque glazed salmon and it was almost orgasmic! Nonetheless, we managed to save room for dessert; SMART MOVE! The vanilla bean crème brulee caused me to photograph the dish and email a picture to my son who was instantly envious. The key lime pie was similarly decadent. Thank you Sylvia Berry (or Barry), and Amanda Calais for insisting last Thanksgiving that I come back to NOLA if only to dine at Emeril's. Seldom do the restaurants owned by famous chefs live up to the hype, but I "guarantee" Emeril's exceeds the tremendous hype, and did so by a wide margin. Merci beaucoup Chef Lagassi!

Fredrick H. Bates, Esq.

1  Thank FhayzeB
Reviewed October 23, 2012

After making reservations a month or more in advance and looking forward to this dining experience for weeks, we were disappointed in the food and service at Emeril's flagship restaurant. We even brought a long another couple that was dying to go to Emeril's.

The hostess and Maitre d' were very prompt and professional.

Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful selecting food and drinks.

The cocktails were very good and the price was as one would expect, so the bartender was up to snuff as far as this aspect goes.

Unfortunately, the evening went downhill from there.

With the soup and appetizers, the high point were the mussels. They were perfectly cooked and tasted good, but nothing more than we have done at home. The "Turtle Soup" was highly-recommended by the waiter - and was something I never had before so two of us decided to have it. The broth was very well done, but the turtle meat was unremarkable. We really couldn't tell if it was turtle, chicken, or hamburger. We're willing to concede that perhaps this what turtle soup is supposed to be like, but we were hoping for something new and different.

The main courses were just average at best. Which for entrees costing $27-$35 that's just not acceptable. Though the salmon was adequate and the "Mac 'n Cheese" (a shrimp & pasta dish) was good. One of our party ordered the duck special - and it was so dry she had to send it back. Her husband, who has known her for 17 years - says he's NEVER seen her send back a meal. Another of our party ordered the "Double-cut Pork Chop" and said that "it was nothing special, and the sauce was congealed" to the point that she was disappointed with her selection. The Maitre d' handled the return and replacement meal very well, but the flow and mood of the meal were ruined and the rest of us felt uneasy eating while our friend had to wait for a new plate. She was also embarrassed at having to become the center of unwanted attention and cause us to feel bad for her.

The wine service was also disappointing. The pours were downright "stingy" - nowhere near a standard 5 ounce pour - more like 3-4 ounces. (We know our wine well enough to see the difference between a serving or wine, and a half-glass or "taste".) One would expect a restaurant like Emeril's to pour closer to 7 ounces - which many better restaurants do. A wine glass that goes dry after only a few sips is far from top-flight. Compound this with confusion and lack of coordination on the part of the wait person in charge of refilling wine glasses was also puzzling. They would see your glass empty, ask if you wanted another (yes) and then disappear. Another server would then come by and ask the same question. Eventually the refill came, but only after the servers had a huddle to see who had the football.

Finally, we decided to try a cheese course for dessert. Seeing "Delice de Bourgogne" - one of our favorites - on the menu, we decided to end our meal on a positive note. Unfortunately, Emeril's staff mustn't realize that this kind of cheese must be allowed to warm to near room temperature to develop its best flavor and creamy texture. It arrived refrigerator-cold and not up to its potential. So much for trying to end on a high note.

We tried Emeril's, and found it lacking. For the reputation and cost of ths restaurant, "Average" is just not good enough.

Perhaps Mr. Lagasse should spend more time managing his restaurants and less time honing his television persona if he wants his restaurants to impress diners.

2  Thank Valiant V
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The food and service were out of this world! We had 2 amazing waiters taking care of our table, they were very helpful in answering all our questions & giving us recommendations. The food was so delicious I would eat here every time I am in New Orleans. Can't wait to come back & eat here again!