“Great Location...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brisbi's Lakefront Restaurant & Bar

Brisbi's Lakefront Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #546 of 1,918 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lakeview
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Location...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I decided to go here after working late on a Saturday and arrived at about 830. There were few people and we felt rushed. We had crabless crab cakes. The texture was very mushy, probably because they were over worked in the kitchen. The raw oysters were small and disappointing. And I know nice size oysters are available, we had big ones at Luke the night before. The buffalo fried oysters were also small and soggy. I gave it a bonus point for the awesome location and the restaurant has a good feel to it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank darrinp

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Seafoodless Seafood Gumbo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I ordered seafood Gumbo, which most would expect would contain some seafood. It did not. I tried to send it back for another containing seafood and the owner argued with me saying that I am not necessarily supposed to see seafood. Really?
I beg to differ. I was seated with two others who has a good amount of shrimp and crab in their gumbo. I said, "well if their's contains seafood, mine should too." He continued to argue the point and didn't offer to bring me another. Awful, you never argue with a customer who is not happy. Never again will I return to order pricy seafood gumbo that contains ZERO seafood.
Just awful!!

2 Thank Lisa M
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great new place overlooking the Marina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Nice & sparkly new! Right on the water overlooking the Lakefront Marina. Sat outside on the balcony and it was beautiful. Had Shrimp & Grits first. It was GREAT! I am picky about my grits and these were soooo creamy & delicious. The shrimp YUM! Then we had an oyster poboy & a shrimp poboy. We like to split them so we get both great taste. They were really, really good! The service was excellent. I think his name was Jason (we were there 2-1-14 @ 12:30pm). Great service, great food & great view. Can't wait to go back someday.

Visited January 2014
Daytona Beach, Florida
“A Different Lunch Expierence”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

A little upscale with a interesting twist on the N.O. lunch. At least for me. I had a Roast Beef sandwich ($11) and the wife had Gumbo ($12). The roast beef looked like hash and had a heavy garlic flavor. The bowl of gumbo was half full and lukewarm, but tasty according to the wife. The wife said, she return.... me not on my own.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank CaptnSam
New Orleans
“So-so, but great potential.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was really rooting for Brisbi's, and I still am. A great location and view of the yacht harbor set a great mood (4*). A very good but not great day-off lunchtime Manhattan (4*) warmed the day. A dozen oysters were large and beautiful, but strangely watery and flavorless, and full of shell chips (2*). If it weren't for the annoying shell chips I would think that these were pasteurized oysters put on service shells, rather than fresh. The oyster po-boy was very good (4*), and a Fat Tyre beer combined well, but the wedge potatoes were soggy, heavy, and many not quite cooked (2*). Service was attentive and warm. A strange frustration, ketchup for preparing sauce for the oysters and for the fries was served in a myriad of tiny cups.

I think this place is new. It is heavily staffed. With a few ketchup bottles, some (potato) fry cook training, and better raw oysters Brisbi's could be a go to place. The fried oysters were very good, as was the Manhattan.

• Visited January 2014