“Refused to let me speak to manager!”
Review of Down The Hatch

Down The Hatch
Ranked #685 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Garden District
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Refused to let me speak to manager!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I didn't go in and order, I actually order delivery all the time. I love the food but I won't be ordering here again. There was a "miscommunication" between me and whatever rude person took my order and I'm in the food industry. Learn to read back orders! My order is completely wrong I call to complain and a lady says they'll call back, I then called again about 10 minutes later and asked for a manager. A second rude person answers the phone and explains to me the miscommunication in the rudest tone. He also refused to let me speak to the manager, saying "No! You can speak to me!" Really? They didn't offer to fix my order or even apologize! I'm so disappointed because the food is great. Learn customer service skills please!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kailynt

“Down The Hatch Burger a must!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Went in there to watch the Sugarbowl coverage, absolutely fantastic service from the staff there (in particular a former armed services veteran) friendly and engaging.

Highly recommend the Down the Hatch Burger which had the NOLA kick of deliciousness!

• Visited January 2014
New Orleans
“Pretty much just average”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food was okay, not splendid...... If you like bar food and bar ambience then Down the Hatch would be perfect. But it wasn't exactly the most exciting lunch I have ever had. There was an odd glitch with the service --- onion rings arrived very late, almost 1/2 way through the meal. The service was very friendly, but the place is really your typical bar with typical bar food. Probably a perfect place for nightowls or people winding down the evening and looking for something to eat!

• Visited July 2013
Redmond, Oregon
“Best bloody marys in town!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The burgers are amazing but the Bloody Mary's can't be beat. They hand make their mix and it's fantastic!

Visited April 2013
“awesome”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

i ordered hot wings and pulled pork bbq sandwich which came with fries and cole slaw for delivery. the taste was great. it didnt take long for them to deliver. 6 wings were 5.50 plus tax, the bbq meal was 7.99 plus tax.. which was worth every penny. the wings were a little spicy. if i ever visit nola again i will def eat here again

• Visited June 2013