“What a GREAT little place to have dinner!!!”
Review of Baie Rouge - CLOSED

Baie Rouge
Cuisines: American, French, Spanish
Neighborhood: Garden District
Description: New name and menu. Now called Saveur - www.tripadvisor.com/7815109
Reviewed January 7, 2014

In a town known for food, usually it's hard to say which spot is your favorite. NOT ANY MORE!!! I could eat here all the time!!! Relaxed elegance is an understatement. I will be back soon :)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I are always looking for a new place to eat since there is so much to choose from in the city. This place is BYOB, so you wont waste money on booze they've jacked up 3x, (just remeber to bring some, because there's no convenient place to get it). I ordered the steak and eggs... OMG, so good. He ordered the chicken and waffles. So good. I give it a rave review!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Very friendly service, relaxed, welcoming, kind and helpful. The dish of the day was exquisite. White fish with lovely spices, polenta sticks and spinach. Normal healthy portion, very very tasty.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We are from the West Coast of Canada and are very used to amazing fresh food dining (we really have some amazing food here) We were in New Orleans to celebrate my 40th birthday and we were so very much looking forward to eating the traditional New Orleans cuisine, however after day 2 of nothing but deep fried this and deep fried that we were feeling a bit "fat" lol! Once we sat down in the urban chic restaurant of Baie Rouge we felt like we'd come home. I was a bit sceptical about the Brie Pommes Frits, until I took a bite.... Oh my they were so good i almost licked the plate.. I ordered the fish special which was a local fish with grits & collard greens. The fish was really really good, but the grits (we don't have them in Canada so again I wasn't sure if I'd like them) once again I almost licked my plate... They were in a word...Yummy with a capital Y! Then onto dessert... My FAV! I ordered my standard favourite of Ceme Brûlée and I wasn't disappointed all in all this was an amazing dinner! I took 3or4 of the menus back to my concierge at my hotel & I truly hope he spreads the word because the food was amazing!

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Amazingly friendly staff!! We arrived early afternoon with a 2 year old in tow and the owner and staff treated us as cops (when they just have easily could have ignored us during their slow time). The food was hot and delicious (must try brie fries and pig dip!!) And most impressive they gave our daughter chalk to draw on heir daily specials board!!! She loved it and we got to eat a relaxing lunch (no spills!)