“Thank goodness the people who come have good vibes.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Juicy Lucy's - CLOSED

Juicy Lucy's
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Thank goodness the people who come have good vibes.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This visit just started terrible. Site says the restaurant closes at midnight, but was greeted very rudely by my hostess/server. "Sit here" were her words to be exact (nothing else). A few minutes later she begins flipping chairs on the other side of the room. I work in the food industry as well; at a pretty laid back in rules restaurant at that. But I could never pull off the rudeness I encountered tonight. I understand my boyfriend and I walked in right before closing, but the site says midnight, so. Test your luck and you may get decent service..

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

New Orleans, LA
“Juicy NOT”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I am not a fan of chains and this visit just proved to me that there are great local restaurants serving much better burgers. We went because I had purchased a Living Social coupon. We stopped in around 4:00 after shopping and were the only dine-in customers for the hour we were there. There was one pick-up order. I ordered the Juicy Mid City (cheddar cheese and bacon) and my husband ordered the Juicy 9th Ward Blues (mushrooms, garlic, onions, and blue cheese). He ordered onion rings in place of fries and mine came with the fries. Both burgers were cooked to the point of dryness. His did have more flavor than mine. The fries were thin fries which appeared to be exactly like frozen fries. The onion ring batter was bland, but they were nicely fried. I did like the fact that the condiments were in bottles on the tables. The waitress did bring saucers when I asked for them. The wait staff was attentive. We prefer draft beer, but were informed that the machine was broken. This was our first and last visit to Juicy Lucy's not because it was terrible, but because there are local burger joints serving truly juicy burgers. AND yes, I do prefer my add-ons on top and not inside. PS Parking is very problematic due to the residential neighborhood and the many restaurants in the area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Tasty Burger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visited Juicy Lucy while visiting a friend for the weekend. The staff was friendly and there was no wait to get a sit. The restaurant is very small and it also had a very small bar next to the dinning room. I had a stuffed burger that was stuffed with mushrooms, cheese, onions, and garlic along with sweet potato fries and I enjoyed every bit of it. The restaurant was also celebrating their two year anniversary and gave us a small slice of brownie to celebrate. I enjoyed Juicy Lucy and would return.

Visited July 2013
Gainesville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unwelcoming, but a good burger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Well, for starters, we waited a little bit at the front door to be greeted. Once we were taken to a table, we asked to sit at the one next to it so we could have a bench/booth type of seat. The server coldly stated that we could but that he would have to move us if it got busy. There were probably only 4 tables occupied there out of the 20 and it was 9:00pm.... Anyway, from there, the server was unfriendly and we had to ask to have our drinks refilled. After asking to have the check split between the two of us, he still brought one check. The service was poor, but the food was pretty good.

• Visited July 2013