“FOOD, Service & I'm returning!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kingfish

Kingfish
Reserve with OpenTable
Kingfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole, International, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Conti
Description: Kingfish features New Louisiana Cuisine from New Orleans Chef Nathan Richard. The menu reflects a Louisiana-centric approach to food. At the bar enjoy both traditional New Orleans style cocktails, such as the Sazerac or the Pimm's Cup, as well as modern cocktails created by New Orleans famous mixologist, Chris McMillian.
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FOOD, Service & I'm returning!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was the first time I've ever been to KINGFISH. I was recommended by my wifes boss. The staff greeted me with immense warmth, and a sincere desire for me to have a great experience. The Executive Chef, Greg Sonnier, came tableside during the meal and without a doubt treated me as though I was the only one he was cooking a meal for... Robert, the attentive waiter, set the bar for service higher than anywhere else I've been in New Orleans (and it's been 18 years visiting now for personal and business)...I'd ask for him by name. As a matter of fact, I've already recommend my sister visit when she's there next and request Robert.

As for FOOD--The Rabbit Gumbo was delectable, flavorFULL and a meal unto itself. The Bartender served the most accurate Hendricks Collins I've been served in 3+years. KUDOs to the young blond bartender...I'd have him make the next several for me too. As for Dessert..DON"T leave with out 1 or 2 or 3 ....I"LL BE BACK!

See my PIC.. makes me drool..it was THAT GOOD.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KingfishGM, General Manager at Kingfish, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We appreciate the great feedback from your experience with Kingfish. We will make sure to share this review with Chef Greg and Robert. The rabbit is a favorite among our guests. Thank you also for recommending us to your sister. We look forward to your next visit.

Thanks,

Annapolis, Maryland
“Excellent service and delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in New Orleans just today and stopped in at Kingfisher for lunch. The restaurant has a nice relaxed atmosphere. We ordered cedar plank drum and seafood cassoulet. Warm bread arrived immediately. Unfortunately our meal was delayed. The maitre d was "on it", very attentive and checking. The fish had been overlooked and the delay would be another five minutes. He immediately offered us tastes of their lobster bisque and smoked sausage soup, which we accepted. Both were special. Lunch came soon after and both entrees were delicious, perfectly done. The waitress was equally attentive. Our experience was delightful. Highly recommend a visit there.

Visited November 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We apologize for the mishap with the cedar plank. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a friend tell us to go and try it out. This place was great. From the food to the waitstaff. Very clean and unique if you are looking for that special occasion.

KingfishGM, General Manager at Kingfish, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Kingfish. Please thank the people that referred us. We really appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again when you are in the area.

“Must Try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The food and drinks were delicious! I ordered the rabbit and it was as good as advertised. The service we got was outstanding and our waiters, Robert and another gentleman, were very warm and welcoming. If you are in NOLA, you have to try this restaurant.

We appreciate the wonderful review on your visit to Kingfish. We are so glad you enjoyed your rabbit and the service of our staff, particularly Robert. We hope to see you again in the future. Let us know if there is anything we can assist you with.

Portland, Oregon
“Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Everything we had at Kingfish was out of this world great! The rabbit dish is incredible and all the Prohibition-era drinks were divine. Our waiter, Robert, was absolutely fantastic and we loved every minute. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. Robert took great care of us!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful comments about your experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the drinks and rabbit so much. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your next visit.