“Hidden Neighborhood gem”

Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Chicago, IL
“Hidden Neighborhood gem”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Part of me does not want to write this review because this place is so nicely hidden and out of the way and I think that was part of its charm. However, if you are anywhere near the Garden District, Tulane, Loyola NO, you really should do yourself a favor and try this place out. We tried out the ham tartine and the steak salad and while salad was good, the sandwich was a knockout. Writing this now makes me hungry again, I may just go try to replicate it tomorrow ;)

Visited May 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Such a cute place and great menu selection.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

My sandwich was so yummy it was a ham and Brie it was excellent. The side of couscous was so good!!!! We will be back.

• Visited March 2013
Long Beach, Mississippi
“New Orleans where the Nola people eat”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This marvelous lunchtime restaurant is mouthwatering good. Absolute best BLT I've ever eaten with exquisite luncheon soups to die for. Small homegrown, fabulous chef owned tarting. Don't miss it.

• Visited January 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Wonderful choice for breakfast and lunch”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

As another reviewer mentioned, Tartine is wonderfully authentic. It's like a spot of Provence uptown. Tartine is open for breakfast and lunch Monday through Saturday from 8-3PM so don't be making dinner plans. We've been there often and have always enjoyed our choices. I am partial to their salads but today I had an amazing turkey sandwich and my husband had the pate. Both came with a really interesting side of cold beans in a complex sauce that we spent the entire time trying to figure out! It was delicious. The scones looked amazing and we were tempted but we were really there for lunch so we had to pass. You'll have a choice of eating inside or enjoying the outdoor patio. Tartine is casual and so relaxing we love to start our Saturdays there.

• Visited April 2013
Baton Rouge
“A Taste of France in Uptown New Orleans”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

While visiting the French Riviera, I ate many a meal at the tiny corner sandwich stands, where you could build your own on a fresh-baked baguette by adding meat, cheese and a variety of creative condiments. Never able to find anything similar in the US (sorry Subway, not even close) imagine my delight when Tartine, an authentic European bistro appeared in uptown New Orleans! The owner is a classically-trained pastry chef and everything from the scones to the baguettes is baked on premises and a tribute to her artistry. Breakfast and desserts are all delicious but the open-faced sandwiches ('tartines' en francais) are masterpieces! My fav is the smoked ham, triple creme brie with fig mustard...ooh la la! The menu and daily specials of breakfast dishes, soups, salads and sandwiches offer enough variety to have you coming back often. If you are really lucky you will find yourself there on the day that the Special sandwich is the Croque Monsieur! Tartine is conveniently located near Audubon Park and that New Orleans treasure, Audubon Zoo as well as Tulane and Loyola Universities. Parking can be a challenge when the restaurant is particularily busy, but it is acceptable to park on the surrounding streets, just make sure you don't block a driveway!

• Visited March 2013