“Good Enough for Airport Food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Copeland's Gourmet Kitchen
Ranked #1,273 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Mississippi
“Good Enough for Airport Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I often leave out of MSY, and this last trip found me hungry before a two hour flight. I ordered the Jambalaya Pasta, and the cashier girl was friendly and talkative.

$11 is a bit much to pay for a lunch entree at the airport, but I was interested to see what they had to offer, so I went with it.

The portion was very large, and the spice profile was really nice. The biscuit was, as I said that day, "Like adding a second storey to a Popeye's biscuit." It was way more than I could eat for lunch--the size would have been better for two people.

If you're looking for a Copeland's restaurant inside the airport, this place will fall far short. But if you want a good cajun flavored pasta for a price, this place isn't too bad.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

virginia
“Great Po'Boy Sandwich (At the Airport!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I wanted a quick bite of food to take on my flight, so I ordered the blackened bleu chicken po'boy. Even though it was not hot (as I ate it on the plane), it was DELICIOUS. The layers of flavor were amazing; messy, but in a good way. So good...

I would like to eat at a sit-down Copeland's Restaurant. I bet that it is amazing.

• Visited December 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quick bite before a flight”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I wanted a quick bite of food before I got on a flight. I love crawfish bread. What I got was Texas toast, sauteed crawfish in a red sauce on top, and Parmesan cheese on top. Also, it was cold in the middle. No time to ask for it warmer. Thankfully, I was asleep soon after boarding the plane. I will say, that they were very nice though.

• Visited September 2013
New Orleans
“Not up to Copeland's standards!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Copeland's is one of my favorite restaurant franchises in New Orleans and throughout the south but this café is the exception to the rule.
We tried the Copeland Burger, which was one of the better offerings (an abbreviated version of the restaurant burger at the same price). The artichoke dip was good but served with bow tie chips that were covered in salt (I am a salt lover but this was overdone).
Another in our group tried the Barbeque Shrimp and it was terrible. Way too salty and no barbeque flavor, more like an Étouffée. Almost inedible. When the problem was brought to the attention of the servers and cook they apologized in an unconcerned way but did not try to taste, review, or remove the item from the menu.
While airport food is normally pretty bad there are several outfits that are serving great food at other airports and I would hope Copeland's changes their management at MSY and joins the ranks of the upscale airport providers.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RNewOrleans
Milton, Wisconsin
“Terminal C at the Airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our airline cancelled our flight, so had to find a place for dinner. I had blackened redfish & it was good.Steve had Jambalya Pasta & he liked it better than the Jambalya at the Crazy Lobster on River Walk. The meal got us thru to Chicago, where we opted for nachos before our delayed flight back to Madison.

• Visited August 2013