“nice place good food very good tea”
Review of Booty's Street Food - CLOSED

Booty's Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Good food excellent beverages and a nice atmosphere service good but tend to be too fast. Prices are fair

worldli, Owner at Booty's Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Flavio:

Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We look forward to your next visit to New Orleans. Until then, safe travels!

Best,

Owner, Booty's Street Food

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have mixed feeling about this place because these guys are doing a lot for the food scene down in this area of New Orleans. I've only been once and both service and the food was all over the place. I really don't like giving bad reviews and try to focus on the positives. The positives are that they are food pioneers in the area and have a really cool space. I look forward to going in again and trying some new dishes since a lot of people really seem to enjoy it.

1  Thank sjb2000
worldli, Owner at Booty's Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

sjb2000:

It's Nick Vivion over at Booty's Street Food. I really appreciate your kind words of support.

Since your last visit in April, we've hired a new service manager to help improve our consistency of service. Our kitchen is also working to stabilize and improve consistency as well.

We're dead in the water if we don't improve every day, and that's our mantra. I thank you for your continued support, as there's always more to come!

All the best and great eats wherever your travels take you,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

First, the positives: what a cool space, nice neighborhood, townie restaurant, fantastic food. I really wanted to love Booty's. I especially liked the decor and the unicorn painted behind the bar... the food was delicious. So, why an average rating? We had an experience towards the end of our meal that completely marred my whole view of the place. We were ready for the check, and the waitress brought it over... my husband took out his credit card to pay. He handed it over, and then the waitress said, "oops, I forgot to charge you for your wine, I'm going to go add that now." We said "no worries!" So, she came back with the adjusted check, and had mistakenly added the glasses we drank (2 each) with an additional glass added on. My husband went to tell her that we were overcharged, and the waitress basically told us that we were wrong and was very condescending when she explained how she knew that we had 5 glasses between us. It just simply wasn't true... she was adamant that she was right and we were wrong... even though she wasn't the one pouring the wine, and it was obvious she wasn't keeping accurate track of our order until after the fact.

My husband doesn't like confrontation, and I really just think we were both shocked by this treatment after a good meal. So, we paid for the extra glass of wine and left. It wasn't the money that bothered me, but the treatment... I was still pissed off about it whenever I thought about it the next day. Great food, Booty's, but please work on your customer service tactics.

1  Thank Amanda H

Amanda:

This is Nick Vivion, owner of Booty's Street Food. It took me a bit to get back to you as I wanted to check in with my staff to identify how this could have happened. It was an insensitive and silly service mistake, and I apologize profusely. It's not how I would have wanted it handled as a customer either. We should have simply absorbed our own error and left you with a positive experience - again, I apologize for missing that opportunity.

I would like to offer you a bottle of wine personally the next time you visit; please consider my offer, as it seems that you enjoyed the meal and may give us another chance to complete the service, atmosphere and food trifecta.

My email is nick@bootysnola.com - I'm here anytime you decide to take me up on this!

Thanks for taking time to share your experience.

All the best,

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Eight of us went on a busy and noisy Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. We decided we just wanted a small dinner, so each of us got one dish: banh mi, pakoras, tacos, queso frito, empanadas, and a few other things I'm not remembering. We were disappointed that the kitchen was out of several dishes (shakshouk, gunmandu, a couple of other things), but we liked what we had. My chardonnay tasted a bit as if it had gone off, but the place was so busy that I decided not to bother the overworked waitresses. I think I would do this again, but I'd try to go during their slower hours.

EBovary:

It's Nick Vivion over at Booty's Street Food. Thank you for taking the time to review and share your experience. Feedback is so important to us!

Memorial Day weekend was a busy time, and as our vendors close for three days, we still stay open - I apologize for running out of things, it's always a delicate balance and we missed on that front.

Please let me know the next time you're dropping in, and I'll get your first glass of white wine. I never want to drink off wine when I'm out, and you shouldn't either. Please email me at nick@bootysnola.com anytime.

All the best and great eats wherever your travels take you,

Nick Vivion,

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

The service is definitely lacking. Drinks came after my food, well just read the previous review. I've worked the line in many restaurants and don't understand there lack of ability to get there timing down. The kitchen is suppose to be a team. I also asked about the Belgian fries. The waitress told us that they were frozen and its really about the sauces. Having been brought up on a potato farm, I can tell you a hand cut potato would elevate those sauces.

Curtis:

It's Nick Vivion over at Booty's Street Food. Thanks for taking the time again to share your experience - I'm sincerely sorry for continuing to miss your expectations. That's not why any of us get into the hospitality business, and I take these issues seriously.

We recently hired a new service manager Haley, and are striving to improve training and consistency of service.

If you could recall what day you visited, it would really help me identify where some more work needs to be done. I know it was back in May, but if you remember, please do share.

Regarding our fries, at the risk of sounding defensive, I'd like to explain the why. We only have a 140 square foot kitchen with a 3-door fridge and 2 single freezers to store food for up to 1500 guests. We simply do not have the space to hand-cut fries.

I would absolutely do that if we could; however, it takes at least 8 hours of soaking to reduce starch in potatoes prior to hand-cutting. We just don't have the storage to make that happen at the volume we do, nor do we even have the counter space for a person to cut the fries at our volume.

I most certainly want to do them well if we are going to do them at all. We will soon have a catering facility that would be able to handle the space needed for hand-cutting; once we get that rolling, we will most definitely consider how we can tastefully offer hand-cut fries on our menu.

I hope that explains our reasoning, and I want you to know that we strive to improve every day. We're definitely not perfect, but we're listening and making moves each day to get better.

All the best and great eats wherever your travels may take you!