“Creative food”

Booty's Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Delicious food. Unique place. Young crowd. We went with another couple. No reservations. Good cocktails. We shared a lot of small plates. That's the way to do it. I will go back to Booty's!

1  Thank BBBNewOrleans
worldli, Owner at Booty's Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

BBB

Thanks for taking the time to review BSF! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

In New Orleans, we love our local restaurants. Booty's is a new concept to our growing city and they've made a great impact. I've been the past two Sundays for brunch and both times I was impressed.
Great service, a variety of items on the menu and because we went two Sundays in a row, I saw many of the same characters coming in and out. Their Bywater Bomber daiquiri is home-made, made with fresh fruit and the one of the best daiquiris in NOLA. Overall, nothing but love for this place and it's ever changing menu.

Ooo, remember to check out the bathrooms with monthly art installations by local artists.

1  Thank Zach H

Zach

Thanks so much for the kind words and continued support! Folks like you have made it all worth it, and we're really looking forward to our one year anniversary on November 30th. It's been quite the journey and we're thrilled to be able to continue our vision as we become more established around town.

See you soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Booty's while in NOLA on our last trip. We wanted to meander through the Marigny and our local friend recommended Booty's. The interior of the restaurant is really cool. A lot of fine craftsmanship went into the construction, which shows a true NOLA experience. The staff was great. We went at a slow time so there was only one girl at the bar. I wish I knew her name to give her props because she was super helpful in suggesting drinks and items from the menu. We ordered an array of tacos to try them all. They were yummy. My husband ordered the latin banh mi sandwich which was delish. We will def go again. We love street food and it was nice to see the concept brought into an air conditioned facility.

1  Thank READYFERRETTI
worldli, Owner at Booty's Street Food, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hey there, ReadyFerretti:

So thrilled that you loved our concept! I'm a travel writer by trade, and we wanted to bring the foods we love the most into an air-conditioned facility - you hit that right on the nail.

Thanks so much for sharing with the TA community, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Bring some friends! :D

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Only reason I didn't rate this place as excellent is due to the service. I've been there often, and usually (not always) the service is pretty bad. Once a group of 8 of us walked out because it was so bad. Another time, I asked for desert and was told no because the kitchen had closed. Then the waitress said "Oh, I guess I should have asked you before it closed if you wanted desert." then turned around walked off! GRRRR! I could list a couple other examples, but I don't want this to be a bad review! I like the place, bad service and all.

The food, always good. This is yet another example of why the Bywater rocks!

BigEasyTraveler:

I'm disappointed that we have not fulfilled your expectations, service-wise, during several visits. We generally have a very solid staff, half of which has been with us since open, so we clearly still have some work to do.

We strive to get better every day, and I would ask that you let me know immediately at nick@bootysnola.com if you've come in and had a sub-par service experience. We are very transparent and open as a business, and we encourage direct communication so we can fix problems immediately.

Good food can never overcome bad service, and that's something we take to heart here. Please allow me to offer you a dinner meal sometime soon - I know my staff would like an opportunity to show you what they're capable of.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've only been to NOLA a couple of times. I've never ventured outside of French Quarter/Frenchman street/Garden District/Warehouse District. We walked from Canal street which was a bit far (3mi one way) but the food and atmosphere was fantastic! Its very much a hip gastro pub kind of restaurant but the patrons were of all backgrounds and ages so do let that stop you from checking this place out! It really worked well for us to order a bunch of plates and share with everyone at the table. Don't miss the Tasting menu from their specials list! The country they were highlighting that night was Japan. The steak dish and the octopus dish were to die for! Can some one tell me what that fluffy pillow octopus dish was? It ranks up there with some of the best dishes I've ever eaten! Thanks Booty's street food we will meet again!

Wow, thanks so much for walking from Canal! That's a good primer to get you all hungry for plates from all over the world.

We're happy that you found us, and thanks so much for sharing with the TA community!

We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit.

Best,