“Great Concept! Good Food! Yummy Drinks!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Booty's Street Food
Ranked #627 of 1,918 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Houston, Texas
“Great Concept! Good Food! Yummy Drinks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Booty's while in NOLA on our last trip. We wanted to meander through the Marigny and our local friend recommended Booty's. The interior of the restaurant is really cool. A lot of fine craftsmanship went into the construction, which shows a true NOLA experience. The staff was great. We went at a slow time so there was only one girl at the bar. I wish I knew her name to give her props because she was super helpful in suggesting drinks and items from the menu. We ordered an array of tacos to try them all. They were yummy. My husband ordered the latin banh mi sandwich which was delish. We will def go again. We love street food and it was nice to see the concept brought into an air conditioned facility.

1 Thank READYFERRETTI
worldli, Owner at Booty's Street Food, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hey there, ReadyFerretti:

So thrilled that you loved our concept! I'm a travel writer by trade, and we wanted to bring the foods we love the most into an air-conditioned facility - you hit that right on the nail.

Thanks so much for sharing with the TA community, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Bring some friends! :D

All the best,

New Orleans
“Great concept! Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Only reason I didn't rate this place as excellent is due to the service. I've been there often, and usually (not always) the service is pretty bad. Once a group of 8 of us walked out because it was so bad. Another time, I asked for desert and was told no because the kitchen had closed. Then the waitress said "Oh, I guess I should have asked you before it closed if you wanted desert." then turned around walked off! GRRRR! I could list a couple other examples, but I don't want this to be a bad review! I like the place, bad service and all.

The food, always good. This is yet another example of why the Bywater rocks!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BigEasyTraveler:

I'm disappointed that we have not fulfilled your expectations, service-wise, during several visits. We generally have a very solid staff, half of which has been with us since open, so we clearly still have some work to do.

We strive to get better every day, and I would ask that you let me know immediately at nick@bootysnola.com if you've come in and had a sub-par service experience. We are very transparent and open as a business, and we encourage direct communication so we can fix problems immediately.

Good food can never overcome bad service, and that's something we take to heart here. Please allow me to offer you a dinner meal sometime soon - I know my staff would like an opportunity to show you what they're capable of.

All the best,

Fort Pierce, Florida
“Out of the way but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've only been to NOLA a couple of times. I've never ventured outside of French Quarter/Frenchman street/Garden District/Warehouse District. We walked from Canal street which was a bit far (3mi one way) but the food and atmosphere was fantastic! Its very much a hip gastro pub kind of restaurant but the patrons were of all backgrounds and ages so do let that stop you from checking this place out! It really worked well for us to order a bunch of plates and share with everyone at the table. Don't miss the Tasting menu from their specials list! The country they were highlighting that night was Japan. The steak dish and the octopus dish were to die for! Can some one tell me what that fluffy pillow octopus dish was? It ranks up there with some of the best dishes I've ever eaten! Thanks Booty's street food we will meet again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow, thanks so much for walking from Canal! That's a good primer to get you all hungry for plates from all over the world.

We're happy that you found us, and thanks so much for sharing with the TA community!

We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit.

Best,

Boulder, CO.
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Friends who live in New Orleans took me to Booty's is in the Bywater. What a pleasure to get out of the French Quarter and dine at a fun, neighborhood restaurant. The concept is interesting and I enjoyed the food. It is exciting to experience new ways of eating in NOLA. And to see the revival of old neighborhoods.

1 Thank MEPM
It was a pleasure to meet you during your visit! I hope you come back and see us again soon :D

Best,

Vancouver, Canada
“Outstanding Brunch in a City Known for Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

How to stand out in a city known for dining, in an up and coming neighbourhood that seems to feature a great new restaurant every few weeks? Be this place. In an 8 day stay in New Orleans where my group and I tried to track down places away from the tourist throngs, this was probably the most impressive meal we had.

We were there very early for brunch, just after 9am and the place wasn't busy. We were seated promptly and the Stumptown coffee was a bit of a taste of home. Two of us ordered the Cuban breakfast and it was simply beyond words. It was probably the best pork dish I've ever had, and I've had a LOT of barbeque. Great service, outstanding coffee and a entree to remember. Oh and say hello to the skeleton in the bathroom.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TheBlargg
worldli, Owner at Booty's Street Food, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your experience! It really means a lot, and don't hesitate to share on any other review sites that you participate in.

We look forward to hosting you for a brunch on your next visit - be sure to ask for Nick and I'll get you a cup of Stumptown on the house!

All the best and safe travels,