“Had a problem..,”

Ranked #24 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: A neighborhood cafe specializing in breakfast, lunch & brunch. Voted New Orleans Best Brunch Spot 2014 & 2015!
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

...and management handled it without issue or hesitation. Great style. My friend loved her food. There are excellent places to eat in New Orleans. Every one of them will have something go wrong, some time. It's near my home, so I will give it another chance. I am very pleased that they are open. Go check it out.

1  Thank glenndevillier

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This cafe is located in a former bank building making it difficult to spot, but entirely worth finding!! Popped in for breakfast during their opening week, and would not have been able to tell as the service was like clockwork and everything flowed very smoothly.

I ordered the Costa Rican Breakfast and was absolutely delighted. The rice was rich with smokey, spicy flavor, the tomato salsa, bright and fresh and because I requested no plantains, the server offered me some sliced avocado to top off the banquet of flavors. A delightful breakfast with a rich satisfying coffee.

I can happily recommend this cafe when visiting New Orleans, if either of the other locations are remotely as good as this one, I believe you will be very pleased with the results.
-E

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Ruby Slipper Cafe has added it's third restaurant in the local chain. The new addition is in the Marigny Triangle at 2001 Burgundy St., Burgundy at Touro. It is a perfect neighborhood place that is worth traveling to visit. As with their other restaurants they are open for breakfast, brunch and lunch only. The all day breakfast is standard fare with a New Orleans flair. Lunch starts at 11:00am and includes sandwiches, salads, and specials. There are a couple of outside tables for good weather days. The kitchen is eager to work with you on special requests. They have a private space for private parties and more space upstairs. There is adequate free on street parking during the hours they are open. We will visit there again and again.

1  Thank mandjinneworleans
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Within a short walk (or an interesting carriage ride) of the French Quarter, this new addition, in an old building is a great asset to this interesting part of the city. Though it hasn't even had its Grand Opening, I've been 5 times, tried 5 different things, and have always had my new favorite! AND, I haven't even had the Shrimp and Grits, which looks wonderful! The old bank building with lots of light and fun art makes for a great atmosphere. The staff is young, efficient and friendly and there's an exciting vibe to the place, though it was not too much to overwhelm this 60+ year old. There is a special area which would be suitable for parties or business meetings. It's a great addition to the Ruby Slipper family of restaurants and a great addition to Faubourg Marigny.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This quaint little restaurant is located in the French Quarter and is with walking distance of even Decatur. We, however, were staying with locals that live on the same street and were invited to a special preview event. The owners were there that morning to welcome us and the staff was fully prepared for the crowds! I chose a banana pecan pancake stack, and my friend chose an omelette. Both came out in a timely manner, great temperature, and very pleasant presentation. We enjoyed our trip so much, we decided to go back one last time before we had to leave town. This time I opted for a smaller buttermilk pancake, and my friend got another omelette (but in a different style). Again, both meals were delicious and perfect. The staff seem to be really excited to be there, and very eager to make your meal wonderful. The restaurant is small but quaint, prices are affordable, and food is delicious! This is now a "must" on our visit to New Orleans not only because of the distance to where we stay but because the friendly atmosphere makes us want to return again and again!