“Easy access from our room at The Saint”
Review of Tempt

Tempt
Ranked #831 of 2,143 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Burgundy St
Transit: Streetcar stop at Canal and Rampart Streetcar stop at Canal and Baronne
Description: Tempt features traditional southern Louisiana food with modern flair and is one of the highest-quality downtown New Orleans restaurants. Executive Chef Marcus Woodham proudly serves the freshest ingredients, providing guests a stylish dining experience.
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

We were the first customers at 7:00 so we got the prime 2-person window seat. My husband had the 2 eggs any style, bacon, seasoned potatoes and toast. Coffee was average. Eggs a little over cooked even though ordered over easy. I had the French toast with fruit and syrup and hot tea. My meal was good. Our waitress was at tentative and checked regularly on us. For being the first in we thought we would have gotten a meal a little quicker but it was served hot to us.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed June 27, 2018

Let me be clear that the young woman whose name tag read "Kenny" was not a problem. She was doing the best she could with what she had available.

She presented us with both the lunch and dinner menus as "they were out" of many things on the dinner menu. I should have gotten up and left at that point, but we chose this restaurant due to its proximity to the Saenger Theatre. We came specifically to this restaurant because quail was on the offering on the menu online--and on the dinner menu presented to us. Kenny did not indicate the kitchen was out of quail until we tried to order.

My husband switched to the lunch menu, mainly sandwiches, and again was told "we're unable to serve the alligator sausage." So I'm guessing it was beyond spoiled? At that point I asked, somewhat lightly, "What's going on in your kitchen?" I was incredulous when I heard the chef hadn't been in for days. Someone should have been authorized to order food to stock the kitchen, or the restaurant should have been closed. When we arrived there was one pair of diners and when we left there was a different pair of diners, who, too, were struggling with what to order. Kenny said she could provide free dessert to us. We were presented with two options, something and "cheesecake." Cheesecake turned out to be a sampler of four mini cheesecakes that seemed somewhat aged based on their texture. Please.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

We thought we would try this place out before a show at the Saenger - we were happy to see that they were having a free wine tasting, but the menu was less than impressive and they were out of our first choices. They also didnt have several condiments that we asked for and only offer one dessert. There are much better options in New Orleans, so let the temptation pass you by.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Unwarranted and excessive

The buffet was good, but average and uninspired. A mandatory 20 percent tip was excessive. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth... despite the good food. Won’t be coming back here again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

This is a review for the restaurant. My wife and I went for breakfast, food was mediocre but service was atrocious. Our waitress literally saw us three times - to take our order, drop off food and bring the bill. Couldn’t be bothered to come by and refill coffee(which was actually good). Her name was Shay, and then when the Check came she gave herself a 20% gratuity which pet hotel policy should only be for tables of 6 or more.

Avoid this place, and if you do go check your bill as they’ll tip themselves.

Date of visit: April 2018