“Great place”

Hotel Maison de Ville
Ranked #103 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Amazing stay...good people good place. I like it and highly recommend this place. If you are staying in the French quarter this is the place to be...a real hidden gem. And the house cat Katrina is a beautiful extra perk.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank zzcor2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Maison de Ville hotel this past weekend in the FQ and found it to be an amazing, gorgeous gem!! The people in the office (Megan, Les, and several others whose names I can't remember, sorry!) were SO nice and helpful, and the kitty who roams the hotel, Kat Trina, was absolutely adorable! This hotel's location is not only fantastic (near the action, but not too loud), making it easy to walk all over the FQ, but the interior makes you not care if you never leave the hotel itself. We stayed in an exterior room with a balcony over Toulouse and just adored it. The room was beautifully appointed with period appropriate furniture, which made it all the more charming. The free sodas/waters/continental breakfast were another great touch that makes this place one of my favorites! Keep up the amazing work, guys!

Room Tip: The Tennessee Williams suite is another good choice of room to stay in. It is appointed with more mo...
3 Thank LindsayMCS
Weatherford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We arrived late and the disrespectful drunks were out and about. I drop my wife off at the front and someone asks my wife to flash for beads. Her response was "um my husband is right there" and they didn't seem to care. The front desk attendant helped my wife with the bags, guided her away from folks and said "this is why we help the quests to the door". Their front door is locked to the public and you have to use a key (issued when checking in) to access the hotel which we loved. Complimentary beverages (Coke, water, Sprite, coffee, tea) are provided which we enjoyed as we could grab several bottles of water on the way out for the day. This hotel is located a stones throw from Bourbon Street and if you happen to get a street view balcony you get a decent view of Bourbon Street on one side and the French Market the other direction. We loved the stay and cant wait to return. Easy check in and out, she took pics of our IDs and took me straight to our room and check out was literally drop your keep and jet. Absolutely had a blast and when we return we will be staying here!

Room Tip: If you get a room with balcony, its available for all guests to use however you can access the balco...
4 Thank Traveler76087
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

It is hard to explain how absolutely amazing this property and my stay was. The room was clean and charming, the location was perfect, and every member of the staff (including Trina) was welcoming and kind. Walking into this hotel where you can see Bourbon Street from the balcony was like going back home and it always amazed me how incredibly calm and serene it was inside of the hotel with the crazy nightlife New Orleans is known for was literally three buildings away. Let me break down the hotel for anyone who wants all of the details like I always do:

The location:
This location is incredible and I cannot speak of it more highly. This hotel is easy to locate and drive to and while parking is not available at the hotel, the hotel staff easily guided us to different parking locations and suggested the prices that may be at each. You are parking in a city so you are bound to pay the price. The hotel is perfectly located for people looking for the nightlife on Bourbon or even people who are just looking to enjoy the food and culture of the rest of New Orleans because everything is in easy walking distance.

The room:
The rooms are the great size with high ceilings and large windows. We stayed in a room with a joined balcony overlooking Toulouse, but after spending time in their courtyard I wouldn't mind a room facing that incredibly peaceful fountain. There is a fan in the room that we originally thought was going to be loud enough that we could not sleep, but we were totally wrong and it covered up some of the noise outside letting us sleep peacefully and neither of us woke up once during our two night stay. The room did get a little hot, but they asked if we needed additional fans and we declined and considering this trip was in the middle of August, it would be foolish to think that any place in this city wouldn't get a little warm. There are also endless cans of soda and bottles of water as well as some snacks available at all times, which was a HUGE plus!

The staff:
Normally in hotels, I feel like my experience is streamlined and I don't talk to anyone unless I'm checking in or out, and maybe that's why my time at the Maison de Ville felt so special. Each person I encountered and talked to made the experience so amazing I felt like I was leaving friends behind when I left. One night we came back we even sat on the stairs for thirty minutes with two of the hotel employees discussing the city and already gather tips and hints for our future trips. Their hospitality along with the beauty and peacefulness of the hotel made this a trip I will never forget and I can't imagine staying at any other location when I visit this beautiful city.

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 3, which is the room shown in their photos with the teal wall and the chand...
7 Thank mewilliams1023
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

This is the ultimate place for a romantic weekend in New Orleans! The excellent staff was caring and attentive to every detail. The rooms are filled with antiques and chandeliers. Despite being just a few steps from Bourbon St., we never noticed the noise and commotion going on around us. Even though we were eager to get out and see the sights of the city, it was hard to get out in the mornings because it was so tempting to lie around in the extremely comfortable bed and luxuriate in our surroundings. Our handmade voodoo doll is now a wonderful memento of our experience!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are probably quieter, but we never heard a sound facing the street.
2 Thank Alissa M
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

The moment I walked in the door of the Hotel Maison de Ville I KNEW this was going to be an awesome experience..It's a romantic, boutique hotel. This hotel is beautifully decorated with lots of wood and fine materials. The room I stayed in was so comfortable. The bed was the most comfortable bed I had ever slept in at a Hotel or anywhere else, come to think about it...linens and pillows felt like sleeping in a cloud. The courtyard was so nice, boganvillas everywhere and bricks and tables and wood and great place to sit and relax and wine down...great ambiance! The staff is wonderful and helpful and so caring. Made sure you are having the best time in New Orleans...will never stay anywhere else as long as Hotel de Ville is open and running! 5 STARS and congratulations to the owners for making this a unique and wonderful experience for us weary travelers...thank you!

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

A wonderful hotel. In the heart of the French Quarter and it looks and feels like it belongs there. The lobby is comfortable and the courtyard is the picture of a New Orleans courtyard. The rooms were a good size and nicely furnished. I would stay here every time I come New Orleans.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple