“What a nice hotel”

Ranked #81 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
New York City
“What a nice hotel”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed in three different hotels in New Orleans in one visit, this one was my favorite and although not the least-expensive, it was the most value for the money. The location is wonderful, in the Garden District, along the trolley line. It is a short walk to the beautiful mansions of the Garden District, Commanders's Palace, and the trendy Magazine Street. The room was huge, clean, nicely decorated. Lots of ottomans and sidechairs to lounge in. My twin teens each found a corner to sink in, the four of us in one room did not feel crowded. And because it is part of the ihg group, free hi-Speed internet, always a plus. The bathroom was even bigger (my NY bedroom would fit in it!) Very modern fixtures, giant sink table with plenty of room including a lower shelf for stuff. Did not eat breakfast there, but there are a lot of coffee shops in the neighborhood or a short walking distance away. This is the Holiday Inn's chic-er, younger sister! I will look out for Indigos now when I travel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank TwinMamaNYC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed March 9, 2014

First I would like to say that Erica behind the bar Rocked! She was extremely helpful and was even able to get us into one of NOLA's top restaurants during Mardi Gras weekend! Thank you again Erika!
Now to the front desk. I had stopped at the front desk the night before to have a car/limo to pick us up the next day at noon. We were ready to leave at 11:30 and I called downstairs. They said that the limo was not able to make it to the hotel but they would call a cab for us. (Two days earlier the called a cab and it never showed!) I asked, how can a cab make it but not a car? The receptionist could not answer. I truly understand that the parade routes change the traffic flow however this is not a new hotel. They should have plans. Anyways after being assured that a taxi would be there in less than 10 minutes they escorted us out the back door to a graffiti filled ally to wait for a cab. They did not offer to help with bags, umbrellas or wait with us, they just opened the gate and suggested we wait at the corner. 20 minutes passed before a cab showed up. It wasn't dispatched there. It just happened by and we were soaked from the rain.
Overall the room was good. I liked the locale on the parade route.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear JMurray71,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. It is good to read that you appreciate our room accommodations and particularly recognize the service received from the hotel bar. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced due to the level of customer service received. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Hotel Indigo.

Zelyn N
Reviewed March 9, 2014

...........I have never stayed in a hotel that did not have a PBS television channel option. I think this is a gross oversight at best or, if eliminated on purpose, certainly grounds for not staying there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear pamelaandrosie,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Jaime W
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 7, 2014

March 3rd arrival Wednesday night asked for extra hangers and directions to a restaurant at 630 pm and front desk woman never called back with directions and never got hangers. Called thurs am for hangers never got . Thursday afternoon third time asked front desk for hangers and never got them or a call to say anything. I travel a lot and little surprised out of 3! Requests no response. Also disappointed no complimentary coffee in lobby so I went to open kitchen door to ask for coffee thurs amd waitress was sitting in kitchen eating , and finally got a cup for a hefty price. Also parking is high for this area and we opted to search and park on street every day and walk. Felt safe in the area the hotel was. Also disappointed having to ask to change sheets.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank travels1995
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear travels1995,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had a Queen Suite and it was huge. The best room I have seen in a long time.
Walk outside and the parades were right there had a great time. The staff was friendly
and very nice. Thanks Indigo had a great time.

Room Tip: My children were 24 and 25 I could not answer Kids activities.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank paulygroya
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Huge Kudos to the entire staff at the Hotel Indigo! After almost having to cancel our vacation after an 8.5 hour drive due to the incompetence at the StayBridge Suites near the French Quarter, IHG club personnell and this hotel stepped up and saved my 20+ year loyalty to IHG brands. Due to there not being any parkig available at the Staybridge except "maybe some $50 a day municipal loats and good luck" from the desk personel at the Staybridge, my wife and I were bracing for the long drive back home after just arriving. I understand that during Mardi Gras things are crazy but I had confirmed with the other property that parking would be available for $15 per day. Long storey short even though it was Mardi Gras, IHG customer service called the Hotel Indigo as they had shown a cancellation. Not only did we get a room but they allowed us to transfer our stay on points to them which is unheard of during such a busy time at the last minute. The room actually was on the top floor and overlooked St. Charles St! Add to that this property had VALET PARKING for only $20 a day (beats "good luck parking at $50 a day) and it was fantastic. This property was also directly on the route of all the parades except one we wanted to see and it was only a 20 minute walk away. Had it not been Mardi Gras, the trolly would have also been a very nice benefit as it runs right by the hotel for easy access to the French Quarter. The only issues we had was one day the linen truck was late so we were short towels for a few hours and the heater in our room was rather noisy (reported this to maintenance).

Thanks again for stepping up when one of your sister properties not only dropped the ball but punted it as well. Lassiez les bon temps roulet!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank toptimlrd
NJ
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Upon arriving I was greeted by a very friendly staff. The hotel is a very nice boutique hotel that has a warm and welcoming touch. I wasn't sold on the hard wood floors in the room but they made for a nice touch. It looks like pets are allowed for all of you pet lovers. They even provide treats. THe room was spacious and I had a great view. The bar was nice and the folks there were friendly. I didn't like my breakfast. It seemed like the kitchen was a little sloppy with the presentation. My food was also burnt. That's never good to me. The neighborhood was awesome with nice restaurants, calm and safe neighborhood. You can jump on the trolly right outside of the hotel and head straight to the French Quarters. For all of you toiletries lovers... they have Aveda products in the rooms... love it! Well I hope you can stop in and enjoy this hotel and their wonderful staff. Oh the beds are to die for!!! :)

P.S. i wish they had a pool :(

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business