“Awesome Poboys, Hard to find”

Killer Poboys in Erin Rose Bar
Ranked #153 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Must Be 21+ To Enter Internationally Inspired, New Orleans Style
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Thankfully we stumbled across this gem for excellent Poboys. No signs will direct you to this eatery. You'll need to go through the bar and Killer Poboys is located in the back. While the selection is small(maybe 5 different Poboys), the quality is top notch. I had the shrimp Poboy and it was completely stuffed with perfectly cooked shrimp. Don't miss out on this place!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I really enjoyed the food, but almost didn't go in after seeing location. It indeed is at the back of Erin Rose s so you must push trough he plastic strips at the door and travel past the bar to the Killer Poboys at the rear. The service was friendly and the menu limited but the sandwiches were delicious. The seating is limited so don't expect a true sit-down restaurant.

1  Thank Wes50
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The raging college days for myself and my husband are behind us but we set out for a wild night, stopping at Killer Poboys. The Dark and Stormy was amazing and delicious, and the perfect base to get our drink on. Then, after we had tied on a few, we went back AGAIN and split another. We woke up a little weary this morning, but had we the energy we would have enjoyed another! The Erin Rose beer selection was a little lacking, but I share only as information. We will likely stop in again on this and future trips.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

While the Voodoo theme may be strong in New Orleans and the French Quarter, Killer Poboys may have some serious practice experience. Located in the back of the Erin Rose, yes, push past the plastic in the doorway and keep walking past the bar in the front, don't let anyone scare ya, everyone is there for the same reasons.

The Poboys, think hoagies, subs, banh mi, whatever but different, are the best example of French Quarter cuisine I can think of. Pork Belly, Gulf Shrimp, Lamb, Beef and grilled cheese. Try them all. The service is easy and will answer any question you have. Place your order and no matter the line the Poboy comes out quickly. Not open Monday.

1  Thank Kurt K
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Killer Poboys are amazing! The bread is wonderful and the people making/serving them are so nice. I've tried almost all of them, even the grilled cheese, and I can't possibly pick a favorite. Grab a drink at the Erin Rose and find yourself a poboy because it's totally worth it. I know New Orleans has a ton of restaurants and you want to try them all, but skip one on your next trip and try Killer Poboys instead.

1  Thank rcote75