““GREAT SMALL BITE SELECTIONS, GREAT COCKTAILS””
Review of SoBou

SoBou
Reserve with OpenTable
SoBou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 1,947 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, International, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bienville
Albertville, Alabama
““GREAT SMALL BITE SELECTIONS, GREAT COCKTAILS””
Reviewed November 13, 2013

SoBou is part of the W Hotel. The menu offers a selection of regular portion entrees or small bite, lower priced fare. Everything we ate was excellent. We did the 25 cent cocktail happy hour which was great. The restaurant was never crowded, and the staff was solicitous. Great location. Great food. Great service. We will definitely dine there again.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank drj999999

Banner Elk, North Carolina
“dissapointing”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

found the restaurant in the top new in NOLA and did a little research and thought everything was perfect....im a chef and 4 or 5 things on the menu realy got me excited. arrived, neat atmosphere, clean etc etc. then the snotty waiter came, took our drimk orders and i stopped him and said I wanted two different apps, that i was excited about and both had just been removed. Ok ...sad....but all still good. Drinks arrive and we order a couple items....they arrive in good time and al dissapointing....pork belly fricasse, miniature ok texture i give it a 6 of 10. Some kind of shrimp on a stick....jabbed into a big chunk of pineapple,,,shrimp way way overcooked, 3 of 10....cant remember what the other was but all dissapointing. meanwhile ordered my 1 thing that could still save the meal.....foie burger with duck bacon and a mini foie icecream rootbeer float....Yeah!!!!!! it arrived and float ill give a 3, burger a 6.....i could go on but overal very very dissapointing

• Visited November 2013
“Excellent Meal!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had dinner at SoBou with colleagues and found it to be excellent. The restaurant is not what I would call a typical business dinner location, but the food is amazing and worked well for our group. The menu centers around small plates that will delight any foodie! we split several dishes and while the food was by no means inexpensive, it was not exorbitant and well worth the price.

• Visited October 2013
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for a convention and went here on a suggestion from our hotel staff. We went for a late lunch so the restaurant was quiet, but we were quickly seated and had our drinks brought to us. As others have mentioned, the "two-bit" (25 cent) martinis were good and well made. We got a couple of the small plates to share as well as a salad, and were completely satisfied. The flavor profile of their dishes are beautifully done as well as their presentation. Our waiter (Byron) was helpful and efficient. The decor and feel of the restaurant is definitely more upscale than many of the other places around Bourbon Street. We would definitely go there again!

Visited October 2013
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Cool Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had lunch here with a friend and we were both very pleased with our food and the awesome atmosphere. I had some delicious gumbo & a great salad. We also had a couple of the 25 cent special drinks. I think my friend had alligator sausage & a salad. A couple of days later I came back just for a cocktail with 6 different friends. We ordered the pork cracklins to munch on but I didn't think any more of them than the bag of pork cracklins I get from the discount store for 1/10th the price.

• Visited October 2013