“Modern New Orleans cuisine”
Review of SoBou

SoBou
Reserve with OpenTable
SoBou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 1,976 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, International, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bienville
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

4 for dinner, ordered a range of snacks and starters and a few appetisers. Everything was SENSATIONAL! Credit to the genius chefs that put this menu together. And the cocktails are strong and yummy. At one point, 4 waiters delivered our order. The appetisers aren't big (about time America - quality not quantity). I can highly recommend the beef burger starter (melt in the mouth beef) and the oyster taco. The price for this ingenious menu is excellent value. Recommend booking.

There are newer reviews for SoBou

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Commander's family of restaurants know how to do lunch. With 25 cent martinis and an array of reasonably priced dishes, this chic spot hit the spot. I had a gumbo with heirloom tomato salad. The gumbo was rich with irresistible pieces of pork filling me up before I could sample the tomatoes, which were bright, fresh, flavorful and covered with beans, corn and a balsamic vinaigrette. A very enjoyable workday outing that made the afternoon pass smoothly.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was our repeat visit. We came here last year for lunch and found the atmosphere modern and energetic, menu excellent and creative (think Iron Chef: NOLA edition). The Duck Beignets were one of the best appetizers I ever had in my life. Sadly they are no more and they have been replaced with Conch Fritters, which turned out to be nothing but heavy fried dough. Not sure where "conch"part of it was. The duck Foi Gras burger was one dish that everyone did enjoy. The service was the strangest part of it. I've had bad service, I've seen entire workforce of a restaurant not caring abou their jobs, but I have never seen so many people trying so hard and fail every single time. It was almost like there was no manager to coordinate everything, but people were giving it their best. I think the big picture is that this place tries so hard to be different that they are beginning to forget they are still a restaurant and not an art gallery. At the bar, there were lots of people who looked like they were there to be seen, rather then eat or drink, but hey - it made for a good looking (and trendy) crowd. The food itself is not bad, it's just that's it's probably better served for an upscale lunch than dinner.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Can't recommend this place highly enough. The .25 cent (yes!) martinis for lunch are fun and include more than just martinis. I had a cosmo-like drink. But the food is unbelievable for lunch AND for dinner. I was in town for a conference and ended up having lunch AND dinner there on the same day because I was with different groups. No regrets! They were offering a prix fix for lunch and I loved the crab, avocado and basil ice cream appetizer (yes, savory ice cream on top of tiny cones of crab meat) and the oyster taco.
For dinner I had the O'Keeffe Cocktail and a chargrilled shrimp salad that was amazing.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Chic decor, lots of nice and beautiful people, super creative food and cocktails, just slightly kitschy, decent prices (hello happier hour and lunch specials), extra clean. I loved the tiny (absinth? bottle decor), romantic lighting from the outset. The restaurant was empty on a Wednesday night but the beautiful bar was 3/4 full. Neat self-tending from beer and wine dispensers. Food was top notch, but maybe on the too-creative side for some. I love small bites, so we started with AMAZING beer nuts, followed by raw tuna cones w avocado ice cream and delish pork rinds. I'd eat there every lunch day for the .$25 martinis! Classy, tasty, elegant, creative. Great location away from the drunken Bourbon Street but still part of the fun. Highly recommend for happy hour or light dinner and drinks. Because everything is craft, the service is a touch slow, but if the end result is excellent, I don't mind a wait.

1  Thank Debbie E