“Best food we've found in New Orleans”
Review of SoBou

SoBou
Reserve with OpenTable
SoBou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,979 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, International, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bienville
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great food! Not like anything you've had before, but Soooo good! and the decor is just beautiful. We've been to New Orleans 8 times, and this is by far the best food we've found.

1  Thank harmony1

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The menu was smallish, but had an eclectic mix of old fashioned coctails and an offering of small meals and large meals. All of our food and drink was excellent, the wait staff was friendly and accomodating. We did not have a reservation and were told that on Sunday that was perfectly ok. We were seated immediately. We will be back!

1  Thank Elaine Y
Reviewed August 4, 2013

First off, let me say that this place is very affordable for groups. I ate here at the end of April and with a group from school and thought that we'd be paying an arm and a leg, but the cost per person for a full course meal actually came out to around $30, which was pretty darn good (this cost did not include beverages, alcoholic or otherwise). That's where my high praise ends, however,

We had the fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, this appetizer on a small ice cream cone (I don't recall the name), jumbo shrimps, and a great cake/ice cream for dessert (I'm missing one or two other items). This was a menu that someone in our group had prepared in advance with the restaurant. While the food was undoubtedly fresh and I'd visit again with a group, I just wasn't blown away by the food (apart from the shrimps and cake). Like a few other New Orleans restaurants, I felt that the food was under-seasoned. I don't know, maybe they are catering to a health-conscious crowd who doesn't like much salt/other seasoning on their food for blood pressure concerns? In any event, I feel that food at a restaurant should have more flavor. You hold the salt and seasoning at home, not at a restaurant, where you're expected to splurge a little!

As I mentioned earlier, I'd go again because the food was good (just not great) and the prices were pretty decent.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I only ate breakfast here but I suspect the food is routinely good. Dishes are very inventive. Good size portions. Service is good. Interesting space in the W hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We started with a pimento fondue and pork rinds. The fondue was a little bland to me but the pork rinds added to the bite. I had the burger, which was pretty yummy. I really enjoyed the pickled okra. My fiancee had the ribs with spicy cotton candy (it is extremely hot). He did not understand that it was to be melted on the ribs (the waitress did not seem to be too excited to be there and luckily I have seen a lot of shows on Food Network) but said after he put the cotton candy on them, they were great.