“A drinking destination”
Review of SoBou

SoBou
Reserve with OpenTable
SoBou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 1,991 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, International, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bienville
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Unfortunately we were looking food more substantial food. Drinks and food were both cutting edge as was the venue. They have wine connected to dispensers that allow for tastes or glasses tracked by a card they issue you. Very unique, would have loved it if it wasn't in NO, but I like my traditional NO too much I quess

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We'd read how great SoBou was for cocktails and small bites but couldn't get there until Sunday morning. Their brunch menu is interesting with some inventive dishes but the service was poor and they actually served me a biscuit that was cold around the outside. I'm not sure how any self-respecting southern restaurant wouldn't have fresh biscuits coming out of the oven on a regular basis. I could see that it was room temperature on the outside but feeling that it was cold made me certain that they were frozen possibly? I ordered the pork cracklings with queso sauce. I thought it was a great idea - albeit a little heavy for brunch. Some of the cracklings were so hard I was afraid I might have cracked a tooth. All in all I wouldn't go back.

Sam F, Public Relations Manager at SoBou, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Jen K:
I would like to apologize for your experience at SoBou. We strive to serve excellent food with excellent service to match. We are very sorry we failed to delight you at brunch at your recent visit.
If you would like to come back and give us another try, we would love to have you. Please email me at Sam@commanderspalace.com if you would like to return as our guest.

Samantha Fritz
Community Manager, Commander's Family of Restaurants

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Excellent food, not for someone watching their weight, ate there everyday as we were staying at the W, service brilliant, food so tasty, breakfast menu on Sunday was a shock looked like Lunch, again I say not for dieters. Everything full of sauce, Yum.

1  Thank princessofvisconde
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I came here the other night. I ordered the crawfish bisque, thinking it was going to be smooth, light and creamy. However, the bisque I was served was the same consistency as tar. Horrible. It was thick, dark and grainy in texture. I could not eat it. My stomach turns at the thought of it.

I did have the the Sobu burger, which was delicious. The wine and the service was good, but that soup spoiled my experience.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Bumped into this place while attending the French Quarter Jazz Fest. Had a great late lunch. Food is small plates but good portions. Maybe not enough for dinner. Very nice cocktail and wine list. Beautiful decor. It is on our list to return to

1  Thank Winetraveler21