“BY FAR the BEST food in NOLA”
Review of SoBou

SoBou
Reserve with OpenTable
SoBou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 1,997 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, International, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bienville
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Hands down, we had 10 items off the menut and all were top notch! You cannot go wrong here! Staff was great, place was very trendy and chic, went for lunch, great alternative to traditional NOLA foods. The tiny ice cream cones were amazing...won't tell you what was in them. Just order them! You won't be disapointed.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had heard good things about this place, now I understand why. Interesting twists on classic Southern dishes. I will be back.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The bar here is exquisite . It is a mixology bar. The drinks are handcrafted with precision, and thy are spot-on delicious. The will make any drink you want. Tell them what spirit you like, and they will make you your own personal drink. I had them make me a cucumber-jalepeno martini...it was superb. Abigail I think is the head bartender, she is creative, she is a master. There were 3 guys there as well. They were just as good. One even went out of his way to try and make us reservations at another restaurant. Another saved us from an annoying drunk guest. We had the Boudin balls as an app, it was very good. My advice, just sit back, enjoy some handcrafted excellence for a few hours.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Very impressed & can't wait to go back! Delicious food -the duck beignets, OMG...the overall vibe was hip, urban, but not at all pretentious. Note to families: we came early (6:30) with our 7 and 8 year old. The staff was very accommodating to our family and made them feel very welcome, even though this is more of an adult feeling place. Loved the vibe, the drinks, and the food. can't wait to come back!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the W while visiting New Orleans. We are early risers and decided on our first morning to have a nice breakfast at the hotel and then venture out. Service was wonderful - everyone working in the morning was so nice and friendly. We were the only ones in the restaurant in the early morning.

My husband had banana foster french toast which I had a bite of and was out of this world. Honestly, this would make an amazing dessert!! I had the yogurt parfait which was a sweet treat as well. This was far from a healthy breakfast but was delicious and perfect energy for walking around all day!