“So delicious...try the butternut squash beignets”
Review of SoBou

SoBou
Reserve with OpenTable
SoBou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 2,009 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, International, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bienville
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had an early dinner here - reservations recommended. Love the wall of reflecting glass bottles. It's pricey but the food is DELICIOUS. My friends and I ate until we groaned.

LOVE the butternut squash beignets, the confit of duck leg, the boudin balls, but the best thing was the crispy oyster taco. Refreshing, flavorful mix of veggies and light sauces.

We sat way at the back of the restaurant, well away from the bar, and it didn't feel too noisy or crowded. It was also about 5 pm...maybe it's louder later? At any rate, this was our favorite restaurant of the whole trip.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great restaurant with comfortable ambiance and fun bar. We shared entrees and all 4 were great. The drum and tuna were excellent. Desserts were good. The bread pudding was phenomenal. Reasonable prices for excellent food and service.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We went to SoBou for dinner on a Friday night. The first thing we noticed was the great décor. They have a whole wall of glass bottles that gives the restaurant a unique feel. We hit the bar for a few drinks first. Our cocktails were AWESOME! The bartender was very friendly as well.
When we were seated for dinner, our very friendly waiter told us about the specials, each which sounded better than the last. We started off with Pork Cracklins and the Tuna Cones...YUM! I then had the crispy chicken on the bone, which was also out of this world. My wife and I tend to avoid fried foods, but when in Rome...
This was probably our favorite restaurant from our whole trip. Not only was the food spectacular, but the service was so friendly and unpretentious. Don't miss this restaurant!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We walked past this several times and were very excited when we found a gap in our short time in NOLA to stop in. It was between lunch and dinner, so we just got a few snacks. The atmosphere was a little strange. It was a mix of funky/casual and pretentious/uptight, which left us feeling a little weird. We really liked the food. The menu seemed very fun and creative and we had a hard time picking. One of the things we couldn't wait to try was the cracklins with queso, which was really good, but the pairing of flavors maybe wasn't 100%, but still super happy with all of our choices. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place was at the top of my "to eat list" and it did not disappoint. We went at lunch time. The place was not very crowded although it was early and a Tuesday. The service was great and the food came out pretty fast. It was very good! We were in a larger group of separate couples. I appreciated the availability to do separate checks which made the experience much less stressful. Our waitress was fantastic. The cracklins were very good. I had a taste of a few dishes. I enjoyed the mac and cheese and I am generally very picky about mac and cheese. My 2 year old usually does not like "fancy" mac and cheese but he ate quite a bit. The burgers were good. The shrimp pinchos were tasty. The butternut squash beignets were one of the single best things I tasted on our trip. The desserts were also all very good. I would eat here again without hesitation. I enjoyed it.