“Awesome tour with Marcus”

New Orleans Jogging Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: New Orleans Jogging Tours provides visitors and locals with a narrative running tour of New Orleans best historic and cultural sites. New Orleans Jogging Tours offers the perfect opportunity to explore the city while enjoying New Orleans outstanding weather. This is a healthy and fun alternative to your typical guided excursion. New Orleans Jogging Tours is ideal for travelers who are tired of being confined to planes, cars, and hotel rooms. Why spend your time in New Orleans cooped up in a bus, when you can discover the city on foot? Enjoy getting exercise and learning about New Orleans from our licensed tour guides. Along with our regularly scheduled tours, we offer customizable and private tours. Lace-up your running shoes and join New Orleans Jogging Tours for a unique tour of the Big Easy!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome tour with Marcus”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

My friend Andy & I had a great jogging tour with Marcus. Comfortable pace, lots of history and sights. Absolutely recommend!

New Orleans J, Public Relations Manager at New Orleans Jogging Tours, responded to this review, December 2, 2013

Danbury, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun (Healthy) Way to Tour the City”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The jogging tour is a great way to explore NOLA. Our guide, Marcus, was super interesting - sharing details about the historic sights and his own personal history and experiences in New Orleans. You don't need to be a "runner" for the tour - but it is a bit disconnected if you are in a group with varying speed abilities. Marcus adjusts well, but he starts his explanations when the bulk of the group reach a site, so if you are farther behind you may miss some of the details. That said, NOLA is really flat so any running can be done at a nice pace.

Visited November 2013
Chardon, Ohio
“Best tour EVER!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This jogging tour is amazing. Marcus was wonderful. He kept a pace we were confortable with, had terrific knowledge of New Orleans and was very fun and friendly. You do not need to be a "runner" for this tour. I can't believe all the wonderful places he took us: cemetaries, celebrities homes, Garden District, French Quarter, etc. He also gave GREAT recommendations for the rest of our trip. He listened to our style and suggested restarurants, bars, and museums. The jogging tour was the best part of my entire trip. I highly recommend it, you won't be disappointed.

Visited November 2013
New Orleans J, Front Office Manager at New Orleans Jogging Tours, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Must do for any runner visiting NOLA”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I were visiting NOLA for work and as avid runners wanted to check out the city. We stumbled upon this tour and decided to give it a shot. Marcus, our tour guide, was knowledgeable, fun, and professional. He took us through the French Quarter all the way to the Garden District pointing out historical points of interest along with pop culture hot spots.

I don't believe we would have seen as much of NOLA if it was not for Marcus and the New Orleans Jogging Tours.

In short, do not pass up this tour.

Visited October 2013
“Great Tour!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I visit NOLA several times a year and thought we knew the city...wrong! Marcus took us through several neighborhoods I knew nothing about but will definitely visit in the future...also, for people who wouldn't consider this tour because they're not "runners", DO IT!! Marcus will adjust his pace to yours (even if you're most comfortable fast walking with a few jogs thrown in!). The hardest part was the 6:00 AM start time but everything after that was a piece of cake...I'll FOR SURE do this tour again. Thanks, Marcus, great job!

Visited October 2013
New Orleans J, General Manager at New Orleans Jogging Tours, responded to this review, December 2, 2013