“Only review I've ever written for tripadvisor, tour was that good.”

New Orleans Jogging Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: New Orleans Jogging Tours provides visitors and locals with a narrative running tour of New Orleans best historic and cultural sites. New Orleans Jogging Tours offers the perfect opportunity to explore the city while enjoying New Orleans outstanding weather. This is a healthy and fun alternative to your typical guided excursion. New Orleans Jogging Tours is ideal for travelers who are tired of being confined to planes, cars, and hotel rooms. Why spend your time in New Orleans cooped up in a bus, when you can discover the city on foot? Enjoy getting exercise and learning about New Orleans from our licensed tour guides. Along with our regularly scheduled tours, we offer customizable and private tours. Lace-up your running shoes and join New Orleans Jogging Tours for a unique tour of the Big Easy!
Amity, Oregon
“Only review I've ever written for tripadvisor, tour was that good.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

It was suppose to rain the day of the tour but Marcus promised rain or shine. I showed up just in time and I was led around the city, getting to see a cemetery, the garden district, and the French quarter. The tour is tailored to the needs of the group, Marcus answers questions about New Orleans with interesting stories. It is clear he sincerely cares for and enjoys the city. Please take the time to take this tour. You won't regret it.

Chicago, IL
“An active way to see the city after too many beignets...”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were here a day early for a work-related conference and decided to get a little exercise on a Sunday morning. We were able to book our tour with Marcus the day before, and he sent us a text to confirm our meeting location for 8am in the morning. The tour started in the French Quarter and took us all the way to the Garden District for a distance of approximately 10K. Marcus was extremely personable and kept us entertained with interesting stories about the history of the city. The entire experience took about 2 hours start to finish, as we had a few water and walk breaks as we explored various areas of the city. I would highly recommend this tour - we felt informed, safe, and best of all - had a great time! A perfect activity for recreational as well as serious runners, as the pace wasn't very punishing ... after all, you're on vacation, right?

Visited May 2013
New Orleans J, Front Office Manager at New Orleans Jogging Tours, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We really appreciate your review!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Best way to tour New Orleans”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am just training for my first ever half marathon and wanted to try this tour. It was excellent! Marcus was a great tour guide who was very knowledgeable about the history in New Orleans! It was just me doing this tour and he had no issues with a one-on-one private tour at noon, it was May so the weather was not too hot. He was very friendly and pleasant, had good tips and inside info about where to eat and what else to check out. He was also awesome about taking pictures throughout the route. I have some great shots that I would've missed if it wasn't for him taking them. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone! From beginners who are just starting to get into jogging, to seasoned marathon runners. The tour is 10K and so much better than walking because it takes you through the French Quarter and the Garden District in about 2 hours. Pit stops and water on the way. If you're just thinking about it I suggest you do it. It was such a unique experience!

Winnipeg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was going to be in New Orleans for 4 days, and was apprehensive about running in the city on my own out of fear of taking a wrong turn and ending up on unfriendly turf....I saw an ad for this o the baggage carousel at the airport, and designed to sign up for a Sunday morning run....I was joined by 4 other runners, and Marcus took us on a 10k trip around all the major sites of the French Quarter and the Garden District, with plenty of stops for pics and history lessons.....while the pace was a little slower than i would usually go, Marcus's narration made the experience al th more worthwhile....Also, Marcus's personal story is quite inspirational as well......So If you're going to be in NOLA, and want to go home only 3 pounds heavier instead of 5, sign up for one of these tours!

1 Thank lauraellyn_12
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“So fun and I learned something too!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

It was my first time in New Orleans, and I was visiting for a conference so didn't have a lot of free time. I am training for a race and didn't want to lose 3 days of running. Marcus met me for an early morning (5:45, bless him!) private tour - it was awesome! I got to see to see another side of the French Quarter - there were people heading home as we were heading out. Marcus was so knowledgeable and funny. We had a great run out through the Garden District and back down St. Charles Avenue. I would recommend the tour to anyone who wants to get out and see some of the town or who wants to know more about NOLA.

Visited May 2013
New Orleans J, Public Relations Manager at New Orleans Jogging Tours, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We really appreciate your review!