“Couldn't have been happier!”

New Orleans Jogging Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: New Orleans Jogging Tours provides visitors and locals with a narrative running tour of New Orleans best historic and cultural sites. New Orleans Jogging Tours offers the perfect opportunity to explore the city while enjoying New Orleans outstanding weather. This is a healthy and fun alternative to your typical guided excursion. New Orleans Jogging Tours is ideal for travelers who are tired of being confined to planes, cars, and hotel rooms. Why spend your time in New Orleans cooped up in a bus, when you can discover the city on foot? Enjoy getting exercise and learning about New Orleans from our licensed tour guides. Along with our regularly scheduled tours, we offer customizable and private tours. Lace-up your running shoes and join New Orleans Jogging Tours for a unique tour of the Big Easy!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had read about this tour on Trip Advisor and seemed to fit the bill - I couldn't have been happier with the service I received!

I phoned and made a reservation for Mar.7th and the evening before the run, I received a text reminding me of the time and meeting location the following morning (great touch!)

We met in the French Quarters near the Mint. Note: I took Decataur St. and all the cross streets are clearly indicated. If I didn't get lost, you won't either!

Marcus, our tour guide showed up with his Jogging Tour sign so he was easy to recognize. As there were only two of us (me and and a fellow from New Jersey - Shout out to Mike!) it was like getting a personal, customized visit through several New Orleans districts.

Before we even began, I stated that I wasn't a super-fast runner and Marcus assured us that he'd go out our pace. I must say that I after I finished that I'd been on a run but not like I'd ran a race (which was great) – I exercised AND got to see the sites.

We stopped to look at points of interest such as Jackson Square, a cemetery, famous houses, etc. We ran through the French Quarters, the Business district and the Garden district (beautiful!). All the while, Marcus gave us the history of what we were looking at AND managed to take lots of pictures of us - again, GREAT!

I highly recommend this tour and will do it again when I go back! If you want to run around New Orleans, you want to book with New Orleans Jogging Tours and you Marcus was outstanding!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

this comes highly recommended....great way to see the sights and keep up fitness too! great idea - thank you!!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I came to New Orleans alone for a conference and I was a little nervous about venturing out alone for a run. I had heard that you have to be a little careful about where you go and, as a first-time visitor, I don't know the city at all. I stumbled across the New Orleans Jogging Tours website when I was researching potential running routes. I thought it would be a great way to see some of the city and to check out where running might be safe to do. I have to admit being a little nervous about whether I could keep up with a group... I typically run alone and my run isn't that much faster than a fast walk. There were three of us on the tour that morning, myself and two young high school girls. Our tour guide was Marcus and he was super. I learned a lot about the city that I never would have known... he pointed out things that were of adult interest and things that were more appropriate for the high school aged girls. He asked about our dining preferences and gave us restaurant recommendations along the way. We went through the French Quarter, Garden District, Warehouse District and a cemetery. And perhaps the best part was that he did an excellent job with the pacing. There were some quick little stops sprinkled in for picture taking... and he stopped about halfway through at a coffee shop to let us use the restroom if we needed to and to drink some water. That was perfect for us, but he did say that he has had some groups that didn't want to stop at all, so for them, he keeps them running the entire time. I think a tour guest would miss a lot of history that way, but it was good to hear how they customize the experience based on preferences and running skill levels. At the end of the 6-ish mile tour, I felt like I got a great workout, but I was never huffing, puffing or struggling to keep up. I have already shared the tour info with some friends who are coming to NOLA in a few weeks for a wedding. I highly recommend this tour... and if you can do it early in your trip, that's even better... you'll get lots of ideas for things that you'll want to check out while you're here. This is one tour that you will not regret!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is the perfect way to start your day. Marcus was a fabulous tour guide, I learned so much, saw parts of the city I wouldn't have, got restaurant ideas and a workout to boot. As a lifelong NOLA resident, Marcus is so knowledgeable on the city's history, local folklore and current 'famous' residents I felt like I had my own personal History Channel/E! host as a running partner.

New Orleans J, Director of Sales at New Orleans Jogging Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2014

Thank you for the awesome review!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have never heard of a jogging tour before coming upon this one before my recent trip to New Orleans. What an awesome idea. The tour starts at 9:00 am during the week..perfect!! Marcus is an excellent guide and running partner. He took me through all the must see areas of New Orleans. We went through the French Quarter, Jackson Square, the American side (city) and the Garden District. A running tour is a great way to see and learn so much in a short amount of time. You get to see twice as much as you would on a walking tour. Marcus is very knowledgeable of the key sites. The Garden District is so beautiful and I learned so much about the houses and the type of people that lived there. Sometimes when you are on vacation you tend to feel sluggish from too much food and drink. This tour is a great way to revitalize yourself.
I will recommend this tour to anyone I know going to New Oreans. HANDS DOWN THE BEST PART OF THE TRIP....(well, besides the red beans and rice...sorry Marcus:)