“Best way to see the city”

New Orleans Jogging Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: New Orleans Jogging Tours provides visitors and locals with a narrative running tour of New Orleans best historic and cultural sites. New Orleans Jogging Tours offers the perfect opportunity to explore the city while enjoying New Orleans outstanding weather. This is a healthy and fun alternative to your typical guided excursion. New Orleans Jogging Tours is ideal for travelers who are tired of being confined to planes, cars, and hotel rooms. Why spend your time in New Orleans cooped up in a bus, when you can discover the city on foot? Enjoy getting exercise and learning about New Orleans from our licensed tour guides. Along with our regularly scheduled tours, we offer customizable and private tours. Lace-up your running shoes and join New Orleans Jogging Tours for a unique tour of the Big Easy!
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My favorite way to see any new city is by going for a run, and New Orleans Jogging Tours puts all my previous tourist-runs to shame. Marcus is an amazing tour guide! He is friendly and approachable, and SO knowledgeable about the city and all the history. A great way to see the sites of NOLA while having fun and getting a good workout.

1  Thank Faith M
New Orleans J, Guest Relations Manager at New Orleans Jogging Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

We really appreciate your review!

All reviews
in 31 reviews
"highlights"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed February 7, 2013

There is a reason why all of the reviews of this tour are Excellent -- TripAdvisor doesn't allow a higher rating! Marcus is one of the best tour guides you will ever meet. He knows the history of the city, like why the French Quarter should really be called the Spanish Quarter, as well as the best places to eat and drink (one place gives you a free Sangria if you mention his name). The tour is at a slow, relaxing pace and you stop frequently for pictures, but you still get 10K worth of exercise (which you will need if you decide to eat in New Orleans). A brief overview of the items we saw on our tour include the Art District around Decatur, Jackson Square, Jax Brewery, French Quarter, Bourbon St., Street Cars, Emeril's, Celebrity (Archie Manning, Brangelina, Sandra Bullock, Anne Rice, Jefferson Davis) Homes, Haunted Houses, Garden District, Luxury Homes, Cemetary, Warehouse District, Lee Circle, Slave Quarters, and the Business District, including the tallest building in New Orleans. Besides watching the Ravens win the Super Bowl, this was the highlight of our trip.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had a great tour of the city with Marcus, who was very knowledgeable about the city's history and all Nola has to offer. The tour was a great way to get in my training miles while also having a little bit of fun! Thanks Marcus!

New Orleans J, Front Office Manager at New Orleans Jogging Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2014

Thank you for the awesome review!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The guide was a font of historic, family and cultural information that he managed to impart while running. As an added free treat, he took photos of me at many of the historic sites and scenic spots we visited. I had thought of bringing my iPhone to do just that, but I'm glad I didn't. The pace was right for all but the slowest runners -- I'm guessing 9- to 10-minute miles. Speed demons like me just need to dial back the temptation to go faster. Besides, it's about the history, not about how fast you can run the route. Be very careful, though: I tripped in the French Quarter on uneven pavement -- besides, is there any even pavement in the city? -- and skinned my shoulder, elbow and knee. This was my own fault, though.

1  Thank grammarboy
New Orleans J, Owner at New Orleans Jogging Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Right! Sometimes I can loose 12lbs in an hour! Thanks!