I just returned from a full week's stay at the French Quarter Suites. I traveled with five other people and we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. It was an amazing value considering we booked via telephone and got the room for $90 a night (during the week) and $109 a night (during the weekend). Two people slepted on the sleeper sofa and it worked out pretty well.
We were in New Orleans to have a good time, essentially; the French Quarter Suites helped make this happen.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We used the bigger pool all week and they offered to bring us a cooler to use for our booze so we wouldn't have to keep going upstairs. The room was very clean and the staff did a great job of cleaning around all of our belongings and offered us extra towels every day. Every staff member would say smile and say hello at every passing and they offered very valuable advice when it came to what tour companies to use, or what bars to frequent.
The hotel itself is unique. We really liked the exposed brick walls and the hardwood floors of the main hotel (where we at the continental breakfast everyday). I hate staying at Ramadas and other cookie cutter hotels, so I was really happy that the hotel offered a little something different.
On a side note: people who complain about the safety of the neighbourhood are being wimpy. If you live in any American city, you are prepared for the location of this hotel. Rampart Street is not a street I would walk to to get to Canal (because of how it looks, not because I would feel unsafe). The location is a bit of a walk to bourbon street (10 minutes to the action), but it is close to Frenchmen Street (the place to go if you really like jazz and a more local vibe). I think that part of exploring the French Quarter is walking its many streets, so I enjoyed the location of the hotel.
I recommend this hotel completely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the old New Orleans charms of poolside guest rooms to our spacious 1 bedroom suites with full kitchen, 2 bedroom suites with a dry bar, multi-bedroom townhouses and charming cottages. Explore our family of French Quarter Properties and discover why our guests return year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your French Quarter Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel New Orleans
- French Quarter New Orleans