“Great beds but bad plumbing.”

French Quarter Suites Hotel
Ranked #103 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I thought the hotel was very cozy, the beds were amazing, friendly staff always willing to help, the breakfast was delicious. But the one thing that annoyed us was the plumbing. Our shower and our bath didn't work and the toilet made weird noises. We complained about the shower not working and they said they would send someone up yet when we returned the bath still didn't work.

But besides the bathroom not working, it was a great hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ZooGirl101

Reviewed November 27, 2013

For the last number of years a small group of guys travel to different cities to attend an NFL game + enjoy the local fare. The French Quarters Suites was an excellent destination during our 5 day stay in New Orleans to see the Saints. There were 5 of us that were accomadated in 2 separate 2 bedroom apartments. Each room was roomy and clean. There appears to be a wide range of accomadations for any number of people/guests. There was a small fridge and microwave if required and there was a complimentary continental breakfast that was available.

Location was excellent as it was an the border of the French Quarter so it was an easy walk and the noise was not a concern.

The staff was very helpful and while we were quite able to find Bourbon Street we were directed to an area off the main 'party street' to some terrific local bars/jazz clubs on Frenchmen Street. The Spotted Cat and Snug Harbour are worth a visit.

1  Thank uniacke28
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Found the room to be very nice. Could use a little more comfy pillow. Bathroom is small but they are working on redoing them. Location is okay, had trouble getting United cab to show up - called 3 times and waited over 30 minutes before they showed. When returning after concert to the room had to flag down another cab company since United never showed up.
The continental breakfast was good - waffles, french toast, ham and cheese biscuits. You have to heat it, no sugar free syrup or jellies for diabetics. Great coffee, grapefruit, oranges.

Had some problem at check in. Overcharged on parking, charged $100 deposit that I wasn't informed of, refused to let me pay cash for stay and insisted on holding it on my credit card instead. At checkout they ran it instead of letting me pay cash. Took a while to get it straight. So check and double check! Also make sure they note that you will or won't pay with card.

I probably would stay here again. Good ambience, interesting building. Staff and owner very nice and helpful. Overall had a good stay.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I love this place. Really charming, amazing staff and great location. Rooms are spotless, everyone is so nice and courteous. I will stay here from now on when visiting New Orleans. It's also incredibly reasonable! Location is wonderful, right on the edge of the French Quarter, walking distance to Frenachmans street. The pool is great too. The staff was friendly and helpful, great southern hospitality!! Best hotel in NOLA for the price!

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor by the pool. Loved my location. There's no elevator so it depends on h...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I planned my brother's bachelor party and had a group of 12. We were able to book one of the townhouses, and with that number in my group it was pretty economical. When I planned the trip I was just looking for a place within stumbling distance of Bourbon street, but N. Rampart street where it is on really the perfect location. It's easy to drive to, not far from Canal Street (businesses), close to Bourbon Street, and right next to a park. The people at the front desk will help you with anything you ask for. If you are planning a trip for a larger group this is a much better option than getting multiple hotel rooms. Bourbon street gets crazy and your group will probably get split up at some point, but if everyone is in one townhouse it's much easier to herd the cats. If you want a really nice room with privacy, then the townhouse we rented isn't your option (the other rooms might be different); but it was perfect for what we did.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Obviously you want the most for your money and that is what you will get at the French Quarter Inn and Suites. It is rare these days for average people to get treated like royalty anywhere but that is what we got at the French Quarter Inn. Dennis and staff are as proffesional as anyone in the business and for that I will never stay anywhere else while visiting The Big Easy! Extra clean facility all around , inside and out. Walking distance to everything in the French Quarters. I plan on bringing my whole extended family back next year to experience how the upper class get treated. Thank you guys for making our short trip , such a pleasant experience . We look forward to seeing you in 2014!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Just returned from New Orleans after a five night stay at this hotel, and can't say enough good about it. It fit the bill for me, anyways. Booking online: straightforward. (Saw the good reviews on tripadvisor). Check In: quick and easy, with an extra bonus of a kind lady on reception who gave me a free city map, plus pointed out and circled all the relevant places such as; best route to centre of French Quarter, best dining area, best shopping area, best live music area etc. (Folks - get this map and briefing at check in - saves a lot of time and questions later)! Room: they gave me a lovely spotlessly clean, spacious room on ground floor by the pool, with a really comfortable bed and mattress. Pool: had a dip .... very nice! Breakfast: compact but nicely laid out breakfast room with an ample choice for a continental spread, with freshly made hot coffee, and waffle maker as a bonus. (The staff are always checking on the spread, coffee, and tidying up throughout the breakfast period). Access to the quarter (and even to Canal St. and Garden District) is really simple .... just a few minutes walking along straight roads.
I had a great time there getting to see the city plus meeting up with friends from afar. I was relaxed and at ease at this hotel, and could not have asked for more ... plus felt the rates were very reasonable. This hotel is also very tastefully styled and decorated in courtyard style, unlike some of the other quarter hotels that are a bit overdone on "kitsch". The staff run a good ship there .... keep it up ... I'll be back.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with a ground floor room - close to pool, breakfast room, reception.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends