French Quarter Suites Hotel
Preferred Hotels
$273
$229
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
$208
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$331
$249
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$320
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Courtyard New Orleans French Quarter/Iberville(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$381
$354
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$259
$233
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$240
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbachelor partytwo bedroom suitenorth rampart streetcontinental breakfastfrench quarterlouis armstrong parkcourtyard hotelfull kitchenthe hotel staffnever felt unsafewithin walking distancefew blocksbourbon stfresh fruitwould highly recommend this hotelthe entire staffan easy walk
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed in the five bedroom townhouse. The house was great for our group to be together in one place. It allowed us to get dressed and hang out. The staff was easy to work with in making the reservation.

I am providing an average rating because:
1. The bathroom walls were dirty with dust covering the walls.
2. Though we provided a list of 11 women staying at the house, they only provided eight towels. We had to request extra towels so everyone could have one.
3. There were no extra pillows for those who needed more than one pillow. Each bed had a thin bedspread.
4. For the cost of the house rental, it was shocking to see the quality.
5. It is on the northern edge of the French Quarter. Therefore good walking shoes or finding a cab was necessary.

Room Tip: You may want to bring extra pillows and blankets.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Frankly, I don't understand how this place gets good reviews. I was in town for a major conference and this was a last minute booking. I was put in one of their "apartments" or whatever they call it. I do have to say the woman at the front desk was pleasant and professional. That's about the only positive I can come up with.

First, the location is on the edge of the French Quarter in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Second, the room I was put in was really awful. It smelled very old and musty, the carpeting was frayed and the couch had some stains on (I have no idea what they were). The bathroom was tiny and the tub wasn't clean. The bed was uncomfortable.

Plus, I had the joy of being woken up twice, once at 2 am and again at 3 am by very loud groups of drunks returning from the French Quarter.

The "breakfast" consisted of a surly person behind the bar, who grunted when I said hello. The food was sparse, some toast, pre-packaged muffins, cheese slices, coffee, weak orange juice and some orange/grapefruit slices.

My colleagues and I left and found another place farther out of town. Unfortunately, because of the conference, there were no other places in town.

Room Tip: The other rooms might be better ... but I wouldn't chance it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank RussAndersonUS
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2012 Jazz Fest. We fit 4 in the bedroom and two in the living room comfortably- and got a great value as a result. Nice kitchenette, great location, super close to the French Quarter. The building is well maintained and remarkably quiet considering it was a wild weekend. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Staff friendly & helpful, from house keeping to Leslie, the front desk person , who went above & beyond our expectations. She was very knowledgeable about the city including where to eat, day trips/ tours etc. Hotel lots & patio areas well lighted. Continental breakfast had fresh fruit, bagels, raisin toast, cereal, juice, coffee & more. Close enough to activities, ( 5 - 10 min walk to Bourbon St.) but quiet enough to sleep well. Our bed was comfortable & room clean & smelled good. Very pleased for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I love this hotel. We have 3 pugs and always take them with us. The floors are brick.....original too! Which is great for my dogs...no slipping and sliding on the floors. It does cost $25 a dog for each night. My dogs are house broken so they don't ever make a mess. It would be great to pay a one time dog fee for our stay instead of every night. We end up paying almost $300 for one night for a 2 person room with the dog fee. Overall, the hotel is stunning, breakfast is free..the place is very clean. Plus its 4 blocks from Bourbon street.

Room Tip: If u have dogs that don't care for steep steps ask to sleep on 1st deck. Otherwise. ...all rooms are nostalgic and very nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
BPM-Hotels, Manager at French Quarter Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your ideas about how we can be better, I will review our pet policy and also review other hotel's policies. Thanks again for your business and your review. Happy Mardi Gras!