“Great for groups but not quality” 3 of 5 stars
Review of French Quarter Suites Hotel

French Quarter Suites Hotel
Ranked #89 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great for groups but not quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed in the five bedroom townhouse. The house was great for our group to be together in one place. It allowed us to get dressed and hang out. The staff was easy to work with in making the reservation.

I am providing an average rating because:
1. The bathroom walls were dirty with dust covering the walls.
2. Though we provided a list of 11 women staying at the house, they only provided eight towels. We had to request extra towels so everyone could have one.
3. There were no extra pillows for those who needed more than one pillow. Each bed had a thin bedspread.
4. For the cost of the house rental, it was shocking to see the quality.
5. It is on the northern edge of the French Quarter. Therefore good walking shoes or finding a cab was necessary.

Room Tip: You may want to bring extra pillows and blankets.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Frankly, I don't understand how this place gets good reviews. I was in town for a major conference and this was a last minute booking. I was put in one of their "apartments" or whatever they call it. I do have to say the woman at the front desk was pleasant and professional. That's about the only positive I can come up with.

First, the location is on the edge of the French Quarter in a pretty sketchy neighborhood. Second, the room I was put in was really awful. It smelled very old and musty, the carpeting was frayed and the couch had some stains on (I have no idea what they were). The bathroom was tiny and the tub wasn't clean. The bed was uncomfortable.

Plus, I had the joy of being woken up twice, once at 2 am and again at 3 am by very loud groups of drunks returning from the French Quarter.

The "breakfast" consisted of a surly person behind the bar, who grunted when I said hello. The food was sparse, some toast, pre-packaged muffins, cheese slices, coffee, weak orange juice and some orange/grapefruit slices.

My colleagues and I left and found another place farther out of town. Unfortunately, because of the conference, there were no other places in town.

Room Tip: The other rooms might be better ... but I wouldn't chance it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank RussAndersonUS
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2012 Jazz Fest. We fit 4 in the bedroom and two in the living room comfortably- and got a great value as a result. Nice kitchenette, great location, super close to the French Quarter. The building is well maintained and remarkably quiet considering it was a wild weekend. Would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Staff friendly & helpful, from house keeping to Leslie, the front desk person , who went above & beyond our expectations. She was very knowledgeable about the city including where to eat, day trips/ tours etc. Hotel lots & patio areas well lighted. Continental breakfast had fresh fruit, bagels, raisin toast, cereal, juice, coffee & more. Close enough to activities, ( 5 - 10 min walk to Bourbon St.) but quiet enough to sleep well. Our bed was comfortable & room clean & smelled good. Very pleased for the price.

• Stayed February 2013
Meridian, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I love this hotel. We have 3 pugs and always take them with us. The floors are brick.....original too! Which is great for my dogs...no slipping and sliding on the floors. It does cost $25 a dog for each night. My dogs are house broken so they don't ever make a mess. It would be great to pay a one time dog fee for our stay instead of every night. We end up paying almost $300 for one night for a 2 person room with the dog fee. Overall, the hotel is stunning, breakfast is free..the place is very clean. Plus its 4 blocks from Bourbon street.

Room Tip: If u have dogs that don't care for steep steps ask to sleep on 1st deck. Otherwise. ...all room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
BPM-Hotels, Manager at French Quarter Suites Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your ideas about how we can be better, I will review our pet policy and also review other hotel's policies. Thanks again for your business and your review. Happy Mardi Gras!
Timonium, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We rented two one bedroom suites and our stay was awesome. The rooms were perfect and accomodated 8 of us comfortably. The balcony made it a great place for us to relax and enjoy the wonderful New Orleans weather. The hotel is a short walk to Bourbon street, but far enough away you can't hear the noise. Pat and his staff were nothing short of exceptional. I would highly recommend the French Quarter Suites to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks again for sharing your Super Bowl experience with us. We had an amazing time preparing for this huge event. It is nice to hear we made mark. I hope we will see you again sometime in the future. Happy Mardi Gras, and thanks again! Patrick
Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite with some other family members. Overall the stay was great, but one major problem occurred that made me give this property a rating of TERRIBLE.

I was sitting on the couch with my wife watching some TV, when a guy wearing a hotel uniform peers through the window, his breath fogging up the window. He looked in a particular direction and did not immediately see us. When he finally did see me he just nodded and walked away. I called the desk and the guy fed me an obvious lie about a cable man looking to see if we had cable and apologized. Called a second time when I saw the same employee and was fed a different story about the man looking for a cot. This was not acceptable behavior, a knock at the door would have been better, and my wife and I no longer felt safe.

Pros: Great location, fairly affordable for the room.

Cons: Shady staff, stiff beds, expensive parking

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Paul H
BPM-Hotels, General Manager at French Quarter Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Again, please accept our appologies. As i mentioned to you that day, we had a guy working on our property from the Cable Company. At first I thought it was him when you called to report the incident. When I investigated further, I learned it was our houseman. You were staying in room 331. He was asked to retrieve cot from room 231. He misheard the request and went to your room by mistake. You are correct, he should have knocked and we took time to review our policies with him so this would not happen again. I am sorry this prompted a bad review as it seems like the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Patrick Berthelot\