“Great Hotel / Fantastic Staff”

French Quarter Suites Hotel
Ranked #101 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We rented two one bedroom suites and our stay was awesome. The rooms were perfect and accomodated 8 of us comfortably. The balcony made it a great place for us to relax and enjoy the wonderful New Orleans weather. The hotel is a short walk to Bourbon street, but far enough away you can't hear the noise. Pat and his staff were nothing short of exceptional. I would highly recommend the French Quarter Suites to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
BPM-Hotels, Manager at French Quarter Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thanks again for sharing your Super Bowl experience with us. We had an amazing time preparing for this huge event. It is nice to hear we made mark. I hope we will see you again sometime in the future. Happy Mardi Gras, and thanks again! Patrick

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom suite with some other family members. Overall the stay was great, but one major problem occurred that made me give this property a rating of TERRIBLE.

I was sitting on the couch with my wife watching some TV, when a guy wearing a hotel uniform peers through the window, his breath fogging up the window. He looked in a particular direction and did not immediately see us. When he finally did see me he just nodded and walked away. I called the desk and the guy fed me an obvious lie about a cable man looking to see if we had cable and apologized. Called a second time when I saw the same employee and was fed a different story about the man looking for a cot. This was not acceptable behavior, a knock at the door would have been better, and my wife and I no longer felt safe.

Pros: Great location, fairly affordable for the room.

Cons: Shady staff, stiff beds, expensive parking

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Paul H
BPM-Hotels, General Manager at French Quarter Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Again, please accept our appologies. As i mentioned to you that day, we had a guy working on our property from the Cable Company. At first I thought it was him when you called to report the incident. When I investigated further, I learned it was our houseman. You were staying in room 331. He was asked to retrieve cot from room 231. He misheard the request and went to your room by mistake. You are correct, he should have knocked and we took time to review our policies with him so this would not happen again. I am sorry this prompted a bad review as it seems like the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Patrick Berthelot\

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice - the first time I was in the main part of the hotel in one of the rooms around the courtyard pool. The room was big and comfortable, but a little dark. The second time my group & I (11 in total) were put in one of the town houses which was incredible. The house was amazing: there was a sitting room, 3 bedrooms (each sleeping at least 2 people, I think), a kitchen and bathroom on the ground floor, then upstairs there was another bathroom along with a huge bedroom which had 4 double beds and 2 single beds. The decor was very traditional but it felt very homey, the beds were very comfortable.

The hotel is right on North Rampart Street which is minutes away from Bourbon Street and Louis Armstrong park but the road is very quiet at night.

There are 2 pools but I have only used one which was in the main courtyard. It was quite chilly as it didn't get much sun on it but it was a welcome relief after being in the stifling heat of a New Orleans afternoon.

Breakfast was included in the cost of the room but was very minimal: there was fruit and you could have cereal or toast with orange juice, water or coffee.

We had a slight problem one night trying to use the phones in the house to order pizza so we just popped over to reception and the lady there was very helpful and happily let us use her phone to place the order and kindly sent the delivery man our way when he arrived with our dinner!

Next time I go to New Orleans I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If travelling with a large group I'd definitely recommend going in one of the town houses. It...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
BPM-Hotels, General Manager at French Quarter Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thanks for the review. I am glad to hear we delivered the quality service you expected. The townhouses are an awesome way to enjoy New Orleans when traveling with a group. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

By far one of the more authentic stays on this trip to NOLA. Just minutes walk to Bourbon Street and Louis Armstrong park next door. Nice to get off Bourbon Street for a little more peace. Room was in the heritage section of the main home with a private porch as well as a shared porch off the main stairwell. Noted others complained of just having a shower and no tub, really, we didn't go to NOLA for a tub. although hot water would have been nice. When we mentioned it in the morning they asked if we had complained, touche. We should have said something and I'm sure they would have taken care of it. The staff was all very friendly even though we never saw the same person twice. Two small pools to choose from. Breakfast was included however was rather weak. Other than the waffle with the Fleur de Lys imprinted on it there wasn't much going for it. Would definately recommend this to people looking for a historic experience. The price actually looked a little to good to be true. We were very pleased and shocked it was so inexpensive. Not unlike any other city be prepared to pay to park. On the upside you can actually get a spot so we really didn't have a problem with it. If you are fan of the Hilton or the Westin this is not for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank canmorebackpacker
BPM-Hotels, Manager at French Quarter Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thanks, It was great to have you stay with us. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have stayed before at the Embassy suites on Julia street.The hotel manager was rude and I immediately wrote to headquarers so they could fire her. This hotel do not try to intimidate you or strss you to the point of checking out or be forced to get away of internal politics!The French Quarter Suites Hotel is a premier property with staff that has matching qualities!

• Stayed: October 2012

It was great to have you stay with us, Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Booked 2 rooms here for 2 nights for a ladies get a way. The staff was very helpful on the several times I called prior to arrival. Patrick was the greatest !! It was easy to find.You have to pay 25.00 to park. It is well worth it. Parking is secure with a gate that you have a key for, and t it is monitored by camera. Not on the beaten track with the other hotels. That was nice allowed us to get away from the crazy. Our 1st rooms were very nice.clean and as expected. You could hear the people upstairs but, oh well you are in New Orleans. We had an issue with the door on one room. After many pleasant attempts from the staff and unable to repair it, we were moved to a very nice up grade. They not only moved my room but also the girls in the other room, so we were able to stay together. I must say they more than made up for the door. It was amazing. The breakfast was well, hotel breakfast. The first day no waffles and they call sunny delight juice ,yuck. Second day the waffle maker was working. The pool looked very nice. The staff was amazing. Answering questions making wonderful suggestions. We were given plenty of towels without having to beg for them.We had great hot water the first night, luke warm the second, and cold on the morning we left. Not sure what that was about. It was very easy to walk to the main areas, and the taxi only cost us about $ 6.00 to most places.Modern it's not, but $400.00 it's not either. great location, clean, very New Orleans, great staff. For the price it well worth it.

Room Tip: Spend a little more get the junior suite. They also have the 4 bedroom with 3 baths, living room,ful...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks it was a pleasure to have you stay with us!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nine of us shared one of the Townhouse Apartments, and I was very impressed!! The apartment had 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, living area, kitchen and bar. The apartment was well equipped, with good quality showers and comfortable beds and although the decor was a little shabby the place was clean and the linen etc was good quality.

The pools were both nice and well-maintained and there was plenty of seating. The breakfast wasn't much to get excited about, but it was included with the room and was unlimited.

The location was great, only 5 minutes walk form Bourbon St but was nice and quiet at nights.

I didn't see any of the normal rooms, so can't comment on them but the apartment we had was great and would suit a large group looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Great to hear from you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.