Me and 7 other girls came here for Mardi gras From Friday until Wednesday. I have to say i was plesantly surprised with the hotel! Check in was some what confusing as they have to lobbys, I waited in line behind another checkin for 20 mins only to be told i needed to check in at the other side, annoying to say the least. But after that check in was a breeze! Both of our rooms were average as expected, nothing to write home about but they did the trick! Now the best parts of the hotel as the location and free breakfast! Hotel is located just outside of the french quarters but very accessible to everything! We never felt too far away to walk where ever we wanted!
The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast heavy on breads light on Fruit, but the make it yourself waffles were delicous! We took advantage of this 3 times we were there...
Now the Bad parts of the trip... The people in NOLA are very hospitable and welcoming! Most of our hotel staff was as well, but we were there for 5 days and our housekeeper only brought towels and dumped them on our beds! No change of sheets, No trash removal, no toilet paper, Nothing... just fresh towels! I mean come on, the least you can do is take out the trash! By the end of our trip we had a corner piled with trash as some form of containing it! Went to the front desk and asked for toilet paper as it had not been refreshed for our entire trip, I was told to get it from the bathroom in the hallway! Not really what you expect to here from someone who is supposed to be serviceing you! So I made sure i took all of the extra rolls there since i knew it would be a while before we recieved anymore!
For the most part this hotel is acceptable to stay in for an event but I probably wouldn't choose it for a normal visit to NOLA as some of the other hotels are more affordable and offer much more servcie for the price. We paid $300 a night for this hotel only because of mardi gras, so if you will be staying during an event this is probably an affordable hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the old New Orleans charms of poolside guest rooms to our spacious 1 bedroom suites with full kitchen, 2 bedroom suites with a dry bar, multi-bedroom townhouses and charming cottages. Explore our family of French Quarter Properties and discover why our guests return year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your French Quarter Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Quarter Hotel New Orleans
- French Quarter New Orleans