“I wanted it to be excellent !”
Review of Criollo Restaurant

Criollo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Criollo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Royal Street between Bienville and Iberville
Las Vegas, Nevada
“I wanted it to be excellent !”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I love this hotel and all its charm so since I was staying there They offered me 20% off to dine there. Service,Presentation,and the Decor all screams very loudly You are going to get an outstanding meal!

I ordered the avocado crab appetizer It looked just like the picture however after a few bites My taste buds were waiting for the promise of a bit of spice It never came. I ordered the gumbo and it was a light brown and very much a soup and not so much of a gumbo I waited for a bit of spice It never came. So now comes my entree Scallops,Shrimp and Fish in a broth with a pasta made from crimini mushrooms. The seafood was cooked perfectly the pasta too but heaven help me I had to ask for salt and pepper because it was all so very bland!

My spouse ordered the Trout and it was not cooked completely The chef came over and could not have been more apologetic.When his dish came out it The panko bread crumbs were a bit burnt but the fish was cooked.

I really really wanted to love the food but I can't rate it above average but I encourage readers to give it a try just for the service alone and our waiter did recommend other dishes however we went on our own

• Turkish first
Metairie, Louisiana
“Super food and atmosphere-a good value”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was an unexpected suprise, the Montelone Hotel Carousel Bar is a treat to see but with the introduction of Criollo in the hotel, it was a slam dunk. The Avacado crab salad is incredible, great to share. The fish dish was off the charts, the duck was equally as good. The service was 5 stars, it was part of the 5 star experience. The wine list is very good and reasonably priced.
I loved the entire experience, It was a unexpected pleasure.. Good value for the price......

• Visited June 2013
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“An excellent dinner.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Since we were staying at the Hotel Monteleone, we decided to give Criollo's a try. Good decision! We didn't have a reservation but we requested a table by the window. We only waited around 15 mins and were seated. Hostess and servers were awesome. As usual, we both ordered the same entree. Very impressed by the grouper and shrimp! Definitely will go back again.

Visited August 2013
Slidell, Louisiana
“Outstanding New Orleans cuisine and free parking in the Quarter”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Criollo is the Spanish word to designate children born in the Spanish colonies of parents born in Spain. These days, its derivate Creole is used for any descendants from the French/Spanish period in Louisiana. We went for the first time to this upscale, but casual, restaurant because of the menu, we are natives. The gumbo was okra seafood gumbo (talking of authentic - gumbo is the African word for okra) flavorful and delicious. The large softshell crab with a light sauce meniere and tiny grape size tomatoes was simply glorious. We also ordered the osso bucco - tender and tasty. For dessert we had white chocolate crème brulee, nice, and the fig-ricotta ice cream that came in a crunchy nest of sliced honey almonds and berries and was spectacular. The portions are large, you may want to share the dessert. An Epicurian meal with attentive service and reasonable prices. We plan to come back for the red beans and rice they have on Mondays. And free parking in the Quarter. Outstanding

New Orleans, Louisiana
“excellent food in the tourist end of the quarter”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

excellent food, great service. James was very good server. We both had the coolinary menu which was excellent!!