“lovely and clean”

and 1 more site!
Inn on St Ann
Ranked #34 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

The Inn on St Ann is a wonderful find. It is very European feel and very clean. The area is quiet and a police station near by adds to the feel of being safe. The furnishings were current and nice bedding. Extra nice touch of Aveda products and plenty of fluffy towels. The room is small but perfect for someone traveling light and needs a clean/quiet place to rest. I am grateful to other reviews mentioning that parking is 5 blocks away. Great location for walking the Quarter and bus stop near by for other destinations like Voodoo music festival. Super quick walk to Cafe Du Monde and the Cathedral. The only suggestion I would offer is some adjustment to the door on the exterior rooms, the gap between the french doors could be fixed slightly without losing the charm. As other reviews mentioned - stairs are involved but they are not too difficult and upon check in I was asked if I wanted any help with my bags to the room. The staff I encountered were very nice and helped with suggestions for breakfast near by. I will be returning.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Inn on St Ann with us and others on TripAdvisor! It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us and found our prime location and helpful staff to be exactly what you were looking for. We hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great place just spent a week here,very helpful and friendly staff!Perfect location,we could do all sight seeing everything on foot!Small but nice rooms.Clean and pleasant!!We were across the street from the hotel very quiet.

Room Tip: Pick one on the main floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent week-long stay at the Inn on St Ann! We are pleased you enjoyed your time in New Orleans and found the Inn on St Ann's location to be so convenient for sight seeing. We hope to see you again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I travel to New Olreans several times a year for work and play and know the area very well. This was our first stay at St Ann's and we will definately return. We stayed in a room at Marie Laveau apartments. Small rooms, but really clean and comfortable with beautiful wood floors and updated bathrooms. Also, very quiet and secure even though the hotel is steps away from Armstrong Park where we went to an awesome free concert. Staff was fun and friendly. My only suggestion would be to offer better coffee with real cream in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Inn on St Ann. We are pleased you found our location to be so great, guestrooms to be so clean and our staff to be so fun, helpful and friendly! Armstrong Park has some great free concerts this time of year, such as Jazz in the Park, and we love to hear how our guests are able to take advantage of them. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and others on TripAdvisor and look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I have been to New Orleans many times and have stayed everywhere throughout the city. This was probably our favorite place for location, budget, cleanliness and privacy. The bed was so comfortable I had a hard time getting out of it, shower pressure was great and the room was adorable. It felt like we had our own apartment and you really get the full Quarter experience being in the neighborhood. Easy walk to everything, friendly, helpful staff and beautiful courtyard!

2  Thank amcgurk3

We are thrilled to hear the Inn on St Ann has topped your list of places to stay in New Orleans! It sounds like our comfortable beds, clean guestrooms, helpful staff and fair price point were exactly what you were looking for. We truly appreciate your kind remarks and look forward to having you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties upon your next visit to NOLA!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

W recently visited NOLA for the Saints-Atlanta game and had a wonderful stay at the Inn on St Ann. The room was small, but comfortable and meet our needs for pleasurable sleep. The location was wonderful, in the midst of everything Bourbon (loved it)! The hotel staff was very helpful in providing suggestions for game day locations and great food options, without the tourist flavor, or pricing. I definitely recommend the Inn, especially for couples. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ShanaJay
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us for the Saints vs. Falcons football game (WHO DAT!). We are so pleased to hear you found our location to be so ideal and our staff to be so helpful. The highest form of compliment we can receive from our guests is to hear you would not only recommend the Inn on St Ann to others, but will be returning upon your next visit to New Orleans! We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived really early and were happy to find that they had a room for us that we could check into. The only catch..it was on the third floor which can only be accessed via 2 long, winding, rather steep staircases. Not a huge deal, but if you drink like most people do on Bourbon st then manuvering them can be kinda tricky.

We were there for decadence and this location was perfect. 2 block walking distance from Bourbon St and virtually adjacent to another Decadence bar.

The room itself was nice,clean and up to date, and the staff was very friendly and accomodating.

Only advice...if you dont want to deal with so many stairs make sure they put you in a room on the first or (at least) the 2nd floor. The only thing that wopuld have made this place better was if there was a pool to come back to in the evening after being out in the heat all day.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor to avoid so many stairs.
1  Thank jmh181

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Inn on St Ann with us. It sounds like our prime location, clean and newly renovated guest rooms and friendly and accommodating staff were exactly what you were looking for! We apologize for the inconvenience of not having an elevator, as the Inn on St Ann is a historic property. We find that our repeat guests request certain floors, and even specific rooms, when re-booking with us and we are more than happy to place you in a first or second floor room upon request. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was a little surprised to see how small my queen bed room was--the room was barely larger than the bed and a side table. But I knew that I was only going to be sleeping there and gone all day, so I didn't mind. Besides, this hotel was half of the convention hotel where my event was held. The room was extremely clean with high-quality linens and towels. The bed was extremely comfortable with ample pillows. The bathroom had marble floors and high-end furnishings. Two small complaints--the sink didn't drain well, and the air conditioning remote didn't work. Luckily, the unit was on and that combined with the ceiling fan kept the room cool enough in the humid August weather of New Orleans. I stayed in the Marie Laveau apartments across the street from the Inn. This is a very old and historic building, so be aware that some aspects of the building may seem sub-par. The doors look original, but that means they are not really soundproofed. My room looked out on the courtyard, and I was awakened by other guests at about 2am. I could hear the noise through my earplugs, so they were unusually loud!! When I first arrived, I didn't get in until after midnight. Luckily, other guests were walking into the main part of the Inn as I would have needed a key. I walked to the back of the small lobby and called the night manager who was off-location. Fortunately, the manager arrived very, very quickly--I was exhausted, but I got into my room within minutes As a single female, I was a little leery of walking in this neighborhood, so I took taxis to my convention events.

Room Tip: I would speak directly to the hotel staff when booking a room as the rooms are quite varied.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Marianne P, Manager at Inn on St Ann, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Inn on St Ann. We are pleased to hear you found our price point to be so fair and our staff to be so efficient. You are correct in mentioning that the size of the guestrooms do vary and we always suggest booking directly through the hotel so we can help you pick the room that best suits your needs. We apologize for the AC remote not working during your stay, and will make sure to address the issue to ensure it does not happen again. However, we are thrilled that you found your bed to be so comfortable, with high quality linens, and guestroom to be so clean. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have you back again at any of our French Quarter Guest Houses properties!