“Our best dining experience in New Orleans”

Restaurant R'evolution
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant R'evolution is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,964 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon Street
Transit: Canal at Bourbon Street
Description: Serving Lunch on Fridays, Dinner nightly and Sunday Jazz Brunch. Restaurant R'evolution is the first joint venture of award-winning Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto offering modern, imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine. Steeped in the diverse historic and cultural influences of Louisiana, the menu features not only the chefs' interpretations of New Orleans classics such as gumbo, po' boys, and beignets, but also new creations highlighting ingredients from what Chef Folse refers to as "the swamp floor pantry." Tableside service components play an important role in the dining experience, promoting guest engagement about the history and evolution of the food they are enjoying.Soups such as Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup and Death by Gumbo play on unusual presentations of these traditional dishes that date back centuries. Desserts showcase classical New Orleans sweets done in a new and contemporary way.
Chicago, Il.
“Our best dining experience in New Orleans”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

First of all the decor is special. Each room has it's own special feel. Our seats in the painted scenes room allow us to see into the other rooms as well. We sat in a corner booth.

Now the food. We both start with Death by Gumbo. I died and went to heaven. Gnocchi can be the true sign of a restaurant. If it Bombs Away and lands like a thud in your stomach, that's not a good sign. The Sheep Ricotta Gnocchi with Lobster melted in your mouth. It was heavenly too. And finally the Crawfish-stuffed Flounder Napoleon was excellent, as well. Great service, beautiful decor and fantastic food made for our best dining experience in New Orleans.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Top Five Meals I've Ever Had, Beautiful Restaurant”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My friends took me out for a bachelorette night dinner at this restaurant. The food was really excellent. Top five meals I've ever had. The death by gumbo is everything it is cracked up to be. I had the veal chop, my sister had the steak, and my favorite was the foie gras- some of the best I've ever had- complete with a quail egg and delicious gravy. My sister liked the gravy so much that she asked for a side of it for her steak :) My friend also ordered a white chocolate bread pudding concoction that was delicious. Drinks are pricey ( a french 75 can land you upwards of $30), but the chocolate martinis that I was drinking were wonderful. The waiter was very knowledgeable and assisted with our difficult choices. The only thing I will say was that initial service was a little slow- it probably took us 20+ minutes to receive drinks. But, it was French Quarter fest weekend, so I am sure this is not always the case. I would definitely recommend trying this for a great girls night out or a romantic evening.

Savannah, Georgia
“A Epicurean experience!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

It was the simple things that made this restaurant so incredible , from the house salad to the bread. It all just got better as you moved through the courses.It was just Wonderful food.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good food worst service around”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

After reading the numerous accolades this restaurant received from various reviewers, I was thoroughly excited for my experience at R’volution. And while the food at this restaurant is quite good, the service and follow-through by the staff has to be worst I have ever experienced. We have had the privilege of dining at some of the best restaurants in the nation including Stella, The Root, August in New Orleans and Alinea, Next, Mota, Sixteen in Chicago, and though ranked among the best, the professionalism and courtesy of the staff will require a major overhaul for the place to come close to likes of those top places. But to give an overview of our experience:

Pros:
Excellent food: Most people recommended the crab beignets, which are excellent. The turtle soup was delicious. For our main meal, we ordered the crawfish stuffed flounder and the filet and mashed potatoes. All of these items were cooked to perfection. The wine our waitress helped us choose was great as well.
The ambiance and décor was nice. Each room was decorated differently.

Cons:
Undertrained Wait Staff: We first were sat at a table by the kitchen. We were handed a menu with over 10,000 wines and another menu for cocktails. It took at least 15 minutes for the waiter to even ask what we wanted. I asked for a beer and my girlfriend asked to taste a glass of wine. However, the servers couldn’t even find my beer, I asked twice for a Chimay and hey brought out the wrong wine for the tasting. They only have a dozen beers available and just as many wine by glasses available for purchase. After an additional 15 minute of waiting (for a total of 30 minutes), I asked to be reseated. Our waiter and his servers were seemingly too busy with the table of 8 seated behind us. Our second waitress luckily attended to us promptly.
Unprofessionalism: Our next waitress was very nice. However, I believe the adjacent table’s order was incorrect and needed to be redone. For whatever reason, our waitress and the maître d’ had a conversation at that moment, which left this waitress in tears. She came to our table in tears to take our order. And what’s worse is the maître d addressed her again, which left her in tears a second time. Needless to say, we felt very awkward.
Forgot to Serve our Wine: We purchased a bottle of wine, but had to ask one of the assistant servers to ensure they poured us the entire bottle. There were several note empty bottles of wine sitting on the wine table left over and we were one of the last customers to leave the restaurant. I guess I thought that serving the entire bottle was understood especially since the wine cost the same as the meal.
Maître d’: While he sat us promptly the first time and reseated us the second time, there was no follow-thru during the meal. For a high end restaurant, I was surprised by this behavior, especially since we had to be reseated. He did however manage to chat it up with a nearby table about football.
Manager: I called a few days later to discuss my experience with the manager. While she seemed sympathetic and insisted she would contact me with some follow-up, she didn’t.

I would highly recommend the food here, however, expect to waste 3 + hours due to a highly disorganized and unprofessional staff.

Las Vegas, NV
“Incredible food, but get ready to pay for it”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Restaurant is upscale and gorgeous. Wonderful service. Definitely order the cajun-fried oyster salad, Death by Gumbo, wild mushroom papperdelle, seared sea scallops, shrimp & grits/bacon & eggs, and the duck. Order the gruyere potato au gratin for the side. You can pass on the turtle soup and the upside-down pineapple cake.

Visited April 2014