“Excellent Dinner experience”

Restaurant R'evolution
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant R'evolution is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,992 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon Street
Transit: Canal at Bourbon Street
Description: Serving Lunch on Fridays, Dinner nightly and Sunday Jazz Brunch. Restaurant R'evolution is the first joint venture of award-winning Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto offering modern, imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine. Steeped in the diverse historic and cultural influences of Louisiana, the menu features not only the chefs' interpretations of New Orleans classics such as gumbo and beignets, but also new creations highlighting ingredients from what Chef Folse refers to as "the swamp floor pantry." Tableside service components play an important role in the dining experience, promoting guest engagement about the history and evolution of the food they are enjoying. Soups such as Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup and Death by Gumbo play on unusual presentations of these traditional dishes that date back centuries. Desserts showcase classical New Orleans sweets done in a new and contemporary way.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I took a group of 6 to dinner for business in late October 2013. The service was impeccable. The food was one of the best dinners i've ever had the pleasure of enjoying. For starters I would suggest the Fire oysters and crab beignets. The seafood trio was nice as well. Don't skip the turtle soup. Entree. The Stuffed Napoleon is very good as two of our guests ordered and were very pleased. I personally had the Quail. They serve quail prepared 3 different ways. So i begin eating from left to right and the first preparation is wonderful but no kidding it gets better as you move to the next one and the final preparation is the best. I highly recommend trying this. Another quest had the scallops and said they were Excellent. We did have one Striped Bass and probably would not reorder that one but all sides were great. Brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and Potato Gratin. The deserts were a solid ending and all the little extras the team throws in really makes this a wonderful experience. A+++. Don't miss this when visiting NOLA.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I don't write many reviews but when I'm blown away I feel the need to let the world know

Restaurant R'evolution is truly what every other "fine dinning" restaurant aspires to be.

Extremely knowledgable staff; if you're lucky Jimmy will be in charge of your table she knows her stuff and isn't afraid to offer sound recommendations and throw in a little history too. Her entire team made us feel as though we were the only ones in the room when in fact they were fully booked on a busy Friday night.

The food was refined, local, packed with flavour, perfect portions and true to New Orleans.

The overall experience was one of the best we have ever had and truly feel that if you are lucky enough to get a reservation you MUST eat here!

Thank you Chef Folse for making a truly memorable experience.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have eaten here 6 times this year and I live in another state so I would classify myself as a regular.The last time I was there ,they were a little off their game

In my opinion ,the way a restaurant handles a not so great experience is just as important as a great experience .

My return trip was superb both the food and service were outstanding.Try this restaurant ,you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

There's really no need to write another 5-star review for this restaurant. Amazing from first to last.

Try the salumi cured meat sampler. And if you like game birds, the quail trio is the best I've ever had.

The service is unsurpassed. Three waiters attended to us during the course of the meal. The best.

Request one of the tables with a view of the central courtyard.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We went to R'evolution for a birthday dinner and left feeling both satisfied and very spoilt. We were welcomed from the start and seated on a beautiful round table, equipped with lounge chairs. The setting is very fancy.

Menu items were happily explained and great recommendations given. The beef tartare was a HUGE serving even when shared by 2 and beautifully presented. I had the quail trio and was very impressed. It is again a massive serving but having it cooked three ways makes it easy to get through it all as the flavours are sublime.

Braised boneless short ribs were exquisite, very tender and packed with flavour. We were all sharing plates by the end to sample as much as possible. There menu provides so many options so there is surely something for everyone's taste and plenty of sides to add to your meal.

We opted out of desert as we were a little full and have birthday cake at home to get into but really suprised when they bought out a "happy birthday" dessert of profriteroles with a candle as well as the beautiful touch of a small chest of draws which contained many little dessert and sweet samples.

The staff were attentive from start to finish, we were really impressed and happy with our dinner choice.
The wine selection is fantastic and sodas bottomless.