“On The Salty Side”

Restaurant R'evolution
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant R'evolution is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,947 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon Street
Transit: Canal at Bourbon Street
Description: Serving Lunch on Fridays, Dinner nightly and Sunday Jazz Brunch. Restaurant R'evolution is the first joint venture of award-winning Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto offering modern, imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine. Steeped in the diverse historic and cultural influences of Louisiana, the menu features not only the chefs' interpretations of New Orleans classics such as gumbo, po' boys, and beignets, but also new creations highlighting ingredients from what Chef Folse refers to as "the swamp floor pantry." Tableside service components play an important role in the dining experience, promoting guest engagement about the history and evolution of the food they are enjoying.Soups such as Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup and Death by Gumbo play on unusual presentations of these traditional dishes that date back centuries. Desserts showcase classical New Orleans sweets done in a new and contemporary way.
Chicago
“On The Salty Side”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Really liked the room - thought the staff was fantastic - the wines were beautiful - the attention to detail exquisite - but - with the exception of the Grits on the Gulf Shrimp and Grits plate - each dish we tried - of several - was on the salty side - just teetering towards potentially inedible. Of course salt in a dish is a matter of taste - but when things are too salty, there's no turning back. I would return to Restaurant R'evolution - yes - because the experience was special - being mindful of the salt factor - and requesting a little less salt than what seems to be the norm.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank John K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Thought it would be better”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the food was delicious, but I was expecting so much more for the hype and price. Everything was cooked well and very tasty, but I never got the WOW this is amazing feeling you should get at a restaurant like this. The depth of flavor was never there.

• Visited March 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Unbelievably good!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

When you first walk into Restaurant R'evolution you know you are in for a 5 star dining experience. This place is as beautiful as it is delicious...They left nothing out when designing this beautiful space, each room different - each room unique. The service team is on point too. They never left us wanting for anything. And when I say service team, I MEAN SERVICE TEAM! I think we had 5 or 6 people waiting on us! There was the bread guy, the water lady, the sommelier, the charcuterie guy, the cocktail guy and so on - all without being obtrusive...IT WAS AMAZING! The food was unbelievable too. We started with the house made charcuterie board and it was mouth watering. We left it up to the charcuterie guy to pick and were glad we did! The USDA Prime steaks are dry aged in house for a minimum of 28 days and they are OUTSTANDING! The cocktails are crafted based on seasonal fruits, etc, and it was suggested that I have an Indigo Stain which had blackberries, bourbon and Champagne...so good! For dessert we shared the chocolate soufflé and we were literally battling over the last bite. It was a birthday dinner to remember! HIGHLY RECOMMEND you go there and go there soon!

• Visited September 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Second time around . . .”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had eaten here once before & didn't think I'd be back, but checked it out a second time & really enjoyed my lunch. I admit, part of the draw was the 25 cent martinis, but the food this time around was very good. I had the Visiting Fish (can't remember maybe grouper) & my 2 sisters had the Flounder Lafre. I tried theirs & it was soooo good I wished I had ordered it. We shared the dessert - something blueberry & marscarpone. Total for 3 lunches & 3 martinis & 2 bloody mary's - $69.00 + tip. Oh, almost forgot, since it was not a busy time for the restaurant we were offered a tour including the kitchen & wine cellar. That was such a nice thing for them to do. Will be back & will tell our friends.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Beachtime315
Gulfport, Mississippi
“John Folse Restaurant”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent . At the top of the list. Old World Charm, delicious food, nice, knowledgeable waiters. Easily one of the best restaurants in New Orleans. The extra surprises were special treats.

• Visited July 2013