“Worth repeating”

Restaurant R'evolution
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant R'evolution is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,933 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Bourbon Street
Transit: Canal at Bourbon Street
Description: Serving Lunch on Fridays, Dinner nightly and Sunday Jazz Brunch. Restaurant R'evolution is the first joint venture of award-winning Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto offering modern, imaginative reinterpretations of classic Cajun and Creole cuisine. Steeped in the diverse historic and cultural influences of Louisiana, the menu features not only the chefs' interpretations of New Orleans classics such as gumbo, po' boys, and beignets, but also new creations highlighting ingredients from what Chef Folse refers to as "the swamp floor pantry." Tableside service components play an important role in the dining experience, promoting guest engagement about the history and evolution of the food they are enjoying.Soups such as Creole Louisiana Snapping Turtle Soup and Death by Gumbo play on unusual presentations of these traditional dishes that date back centuries. Desserts showcase classical New Orleans sweets done in a new and contemporary way.
Summerville, South Carolina
“Worth repeating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were recently in NO for a trade show and entertained some business associates at this restaurant on the 1st night. The food and service were absolutely fabulous. It was so good, in fact, that we returned the next 2 nights. Why leave a winner!? Don't miss Death by Gumbo! Probably the best soup I've had. The sweetbreads, scallops, snapper and venison carpaccio were also excellent. My wife is on a sodium-restricted diet and the staff and kitchen did a great job of working with her on the menu. The wait staff and maitre'd were all very personable and efficient.

The restaurant is located next to the Sonestra hotel and the intersection of Bienville and Bourbon streets and taxis can be difficult to catch here. The restaurant staff was nice enough to help us flag one down on several occassions.

All of this has its price so expect a big tab. But it is well worth it,

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Jackson, Miss.
“Upscale and innovative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

R'evolution is located in the Royal Sonesta Hotel in the French Quarter, and the menu, while inventive, also speaks traditionally to the unique geography and culture of New Orleans.

We started with cocktails (I had the Magnolia, I think, a deliciously flowery glass of nectar, garnished with a tropical blossom.), then moved on to appetizers.

Our meal began with the beer-battered crab beignets and the sizzling oysters revolution. Presentation of all the dishes was impressive. The beignets were served on a long rectangular platter, and each beignet was in a pool of its own flavored remoulade. The six oysters were served on a large, warm stone, cushioned by a pile of rock salt. Both appetizers were delicious. The beignets were crispy and savory, and the oysters were large and buttery.

For our entrees, I chose the red snapper and pork belly a la plancha, and my dining companion had the crawfish-stuffed flounder. We also ordered a side of artichoke mirliton au gratin to share. My entree was wonderful. The fatty pork belly served as a nice counterpoint to the lightness of the fish. We split a half bottle of wine to wash it down.

To finish, we shared the tart a la bouille, a strawberry tart scattered with merignue, gelee and other deliciousness. (I loved that the merignue was shaped like a small piece of chalk! What a nice touch of whimsy!)

A note: eating at Revolution is definitely not cheap. Including cocktails and wine, our dinner came to about $100 per person. We could have kept our costs much lower by ordering fewer courses and skipping the drinks, but since we were feeling celebratory, we splurged.

This is a great spot for special occasion dining, and I'd definitely go back! We sat in the dining room that opens into the kitchen, and I loved watching the chefs work and seeing the different dishes go by!

• Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“A Must Try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

John Folse and Rick Tramonto are the brains and talent behind this all Viking "New" New Orleans style restaurant. I had lunch here and was bound to the restaurant due to a torrential downpour. I was invited on a personal tour of the restaurant and that is why I have the photos I'm uploading.There are at least 3 kitchens and amazing wine area with over 10,000 bottles (yes, that is correct). Check out this link describing how the restaurant was designed:

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is an exceptional restaurant. The service is top-notch but not stuffy and the food is absolutely wonderful and inventive. Try the crab beignets and the red snapper- everything was great, but these dishes stood out to me. The bar is lovely and the restaurant area is cool. They went out of their way to make the meal relaxing and enjoyable.

New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OK at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I spent our anniversary in New Orleans (semi-local, we live an hour away) and she made reservations here after reading lots of wonderful things about R'evolution. However, we found some of the less stellar reviews to be more accurate for our visit. Make no mistake, this is an expensive place to eat and with that knowledge comes certain expectations that just weren't met. The service was ok at best with much longer waits than I would have expected. That could easily be over looked if the food was impressive, but to our dismay it was not. Yes, as others have said, the portions are small and pricey but that is not really unusual for this type of restaurant. My wife and I had the crab beignets, scallops with foie gras, fillet with lump crab meat, asparagus,cheese grits and white chocolate bread pudding creme brulee for dessert, all of which were just ok. My fillet was perfectly medium, but quite burnt on the outside and lacking flavor or maybe just overpowered by the burnt flavor. My wife and I had a long discussion about whether or not to say anything to the staff and eventually I conceded and she callled the restauraunt and spoke with a manager who was very apologetic and polite and offered to remove the fillet from our bill and also asked about any other concerns we might have had. A very professional response, but it is hard to rectify an evening which disappointed after so much promise. Overall, I would say there are better choices to be had in New Orleans in this price range.