“last minute stay”

Ranked #57 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
new orleans, United States
“last minute stay”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Pleasantly surprised at the staff's attentiveness, quality of room, and location of hotel as this was a last minute booking as we were driving into New Orleans. Great location for business & access to Bourbon Street/French Quarter.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Korean first
Gainesville, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a quick business / pleasure weekend. I worked during the day, while my wife walked the French Quarter. This hotel is in a great location, in the CBD, while only a couple of blocks from Bourbon St. Hotel had all standard HGI amenities, the staff was helpful and the room was clean. Overall we were very happy with our stay. Only complaint is that we aren't crazy about the HGI beds, but that is all personal preference.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel has a fresh cooked breakfast including eggs/omelettes. The rooms are large and clean and the lobby is nice. I wasn't crazy about the pillows, but the bed was OK.
My two big complaints was that I got a wake-up call at 4:00am every morning. Not good on vacation! We also got kicked out of the "pool" area upstairs every night around 10pm. Unfortunately, this is also the only place to smoke if you don't want to have a smoking room, or stand on the street and smoke. That was a real bummer. We mostly just went around the corner to Dominic's Bar and smoked in there with cocktails, but sitting on the roof with a nice breeze would have been better!
The "sleep comfort" type bed in our room did not work, but it was still OK. I let them know about some minor issues with plumbing drips, but they were not loud and did not keep us up, just more of a heads up to them to not waste water. They did write them down to get fixed.

The staff was very good. Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank rmjones9
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We appreciate you taking a moment to share your great comments about the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter. It really makes our day when we know our service, breakfast experience and cleanliness levels hit a home run! Thanks also for the notes on the items we needed to address in your room, you just made our job that much easier.

Safe Travels,
Haymarket, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just came back from staying at the Hilton Garden Inn over Memorial Day weekend and it was a very pleasant stay. I had business to take care of as soon as I walked in the door and the front desk person Vinetta was very helpful, she had my documents ready when I checked in and faxed them right away when I was done with them. The rooms were well stocked with the necessary supplies and clean. The downside was that the beds were much too firm, no give in the mattress at all. Housekeeping was adequate, took care of everything standard as needed. The breakfast was very good, although a free continental section would have been nice (expected). The small bar and sundries store were nice bonuses. The rooftop pool was a great feature, however the water was green and cloudy the whole weekend, so more care needs to be paid to such a great pool. All in all the Garden Inn had all the features I needed, along with great customer service. If the smaller issues get addressed then I would have easily rated it 5 stars. I would gladly return on my next visit.

2 Thank Brian B
Thanks for all your awesome feedback. It is so good to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter! From the business center to the rooftop pool it seems like you took advantage of everything our hotel had to offer. We'll work on those little things!

Come back to us soon,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Here's the good: If you are visiting New Orleans as a tourist, this is an awesome location. Everything is within a very short walking distance and the area is safe. The hotel is safe and the building is very secure.

The bad: it's time for the hotel rooms to be updated. I stayed here in 2009 and it was badly in need of renovations back then. I decided to rebook because of the prime location (and the Hilton was sold out). Fortunately, I did see renovation plans in the lobby. The hotel price is somewhat on the higher end but it's because you are paying for the great location. Housekeeping is just okay. They should really use a Swiffer!!!! They only offer valet parking which comes to about $32 per night but that is a norm for the area.

The ugly: the rooms!!! The white tub that isn't so white anymore. Hint: Bleach whitens!!!

Overall, if you are familiar with the Hilton brand, lower your expectations a little and you'll be okay. (I know that's sounds horrible!). If you are someone that makes the room part of your experience, this is not the place for you. If you are in town and want a decent place, book now!!!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank waltertainment
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am so glad our location worked out well for you! It's great that you noticed our renovation design board in the lobby as we are just about to embark on a full scale renovation of our guest rooms. We've recently completed our lobby renovation so our guest room renovation won't effect any guest amenities or services. Please come back and check out the new decor!

Safe Travels,
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend's birthday weekend. From the reviews, I was expecting a wonderful experience... Quite the opposite. I am usually not the complainer, but I paid quite a bit for low quality. The pros- good location, nice staff, good breakfast (extra charge). The cons- our room smelled musty and the bed was like sleeping on a rock. Unfortunately, I did not notice the dried red vomit running down the side of the toilet until one hour before checkout, as well as pubic hair on the shower curtain. It was unclean from former guests. Very gross! I'm not sure how our visit was different from everyone else's. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Kjsmarley
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We sincerely appreciate all feedback even when it may be an area for us to work on. Rest assured I'll share these comments with our team to reinforce how important consistent cleanliness is. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity the next time you're in New Orleans. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me and I will be happy to personally assist.

Warm Regards,
Marlton, NJ
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and had a great time. Hotel and staff are wonderful! Breakfast was exceptional-- we were even treated to a little serenade by our waiter one morning. There really is LIVE, FREE music to hear at all times of the day in NOLA.

Only issue was having to wait until almost 4:30PMto get into our room.. Wouldv'e liked to freshen up and change clothes earlier.

1 Thank Tricia C
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
You are right! There are so many wonderful and FREE things in New Orleans including singer waitstaff. We're so glad you felt right at home at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter. I do apoogize for your delayed check in and we'll be sure to discuss this with our guest services team to improve.

We hope you visit us again soon!