“Awesome and close to French Quarter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD
Ranked #51 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome and close to French Quarter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hotel was just two blocks away from Canal St. Only problem is the area has a strong garbage smell on the streets. The best way to get around is walking. Parking garage is expensive but was very fast in retrieving our vehicle. Security to the rooms require the room key to access the floors. The maid came real early to clean the room. We learned to put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign. The room was very large.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thanks for letting us know you had an awesome visit to the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter. The easy walk to the French Quarter makes our hotel a great location for so many of our guests.

We hope you get the chance to visit us again soon!

Kristi Taglauer, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Assumed that the hotel room was non-smoking, however upon entry into the room, the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming. Very loud throughout the building - don't come here expecting a decent night's sleep (It is located within the French Quarter, so some of that is to be expected, but not all night) Very steep pricing comparatively - Room + $28 parking

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton rewards member, choose a different Hilton within New Orleans
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank ScottC1973
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We truly take our guest's feedback to heart, especially when it comes from our Hilton Honors members.

We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were disappointed regarding some issues at our hotel. As a non-smoker myself, I regret that you had to experience the smell of smoke you had during your stay. I can certainly empathize with your discomfort and sincerely apologize for this. In addition, I am so sorry that you were inconvenienced by the noise throughout our building. I thank you for bringing it up to my attention so that I can follow-up with our staff.

Again, I truly regret the inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Billerica, MA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very well maintained Hilton Garden Inn. Had an associate meet me for breakfast an he remarked that the hotel was so new and well put together (He was staying at the Ritz and wasn't so fond of it). I couldn't have put it any better.

I heard others say that staying on Bourbon St was a nightmare as there were people awake at all hours. This hotel is a short 5 minute walk to the Canal St end of Bourbon, it was perfect, and no noise at night.

My only complaint was no view, I was facing into a quad that was surrounded by the hotel itself. This is no big deal as all I did was sleep there.

Finally, the breakfast buffet was quite reasonable (~$15/person). The food was plentiful and there was a short order cook available to cater to my every whim :)

Room Tip: I stayed on 15th floor. I think so long as you are 14 or higher all will be well. (there is a park...
Walden, Tenn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is located in a renovated office building. Oddly, the lobby is on the 11th floor of the hotel and guest rooms are on the next seven floors. Service is excellent in this property, although you are paying big city prices. Rooms are what you would expect for a mid-high level hotel. Valet parking is about $35 per day including all the ridiculous NOLA taxes and breakfast will run you $16 plus tip.

The hotel is just a couple of grungy blocks from Canal Street and within walking distance of the Quarter, the riverfront, and the casino. It is also close to the St. Charles Ave. streetcar.

You will pay more for a comparable hotel in the Quarter so if you are interested in walking around NOLA and want a good hotel at a high but competitive price with excellent service, you won't go wrong.

Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Be prepared to walk. It's not in the most convenient location. The rooms are really large, I'm not sure about the bathroom layout, though. It's huge, but, there is a single sink/vanity that is really small or two people.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn on Gravier Street in New Orleans is a short, safe, lovely walk experience to the French Quarter and Riverfront areas for great food, people-watching, Cafe du Monde for Cafe' Au Lait and Beignets....don't leave New Orleans without savoring these and the Cajun food! They are not the same anywhere else! The hotel is lovely and tastefully appointed; the staff is professional yet friendly and strive to make your stay pleasant. My room was quiet (5th floor) despite the fact that I was there at the beginning of Spring Break week.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk how to adjust the 'adjustable' beds for comfort. I didn't and mine w...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thanks for giving our staff at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter kudos for great service! You also mention a great tip on our Garden Sleep System bedding. Each bed has individual firmness settings and there is one for each side of the bed to offer you a great night's sleep.

Kudos to you for sharing the great tip!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

People who complained about the location have no idea how noisy the French Quarter hotels are. When I get to my room I like to sleep and believe me that doesn't happen often in the Quarter - music, yelling, fights, drunks...you can hear it even on the high floors. And it is worth the $28 dollars to valet park and know that your car is on sight, again not something you get in all hotels here.

I'm a frequent visitor to NO and I wish I had discovered this hotel years ago. A very short walk to Royal street and shopping, good food and the trolley to the Garden District, Magazine street it's wonderful stores. Julia Street and the galleries are close by and so is the river, the aquarium and the casino. GREAT location.

The staff was very friendly, attentive, and gracious. No request was too small and was cheerfully accomplished. Valet and check-in were excellent. The king suite is large and spacious, clean, and comfortable.

Breakfast was good for a motel, sure, you can get better in New Orleans but it was tasty and well done. You can't possibly find fault unless you are looking for it. If you want Commander's Palace then go there.

Well done, Hilton. I shall return!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank GC967
We're so glad you enjoyed your visit to New Orleans! Sounds you like were everywhere. We agree one of the greatest advantages of our hotel is the proximity of the frenzy in the French Quarter but the oasis we offer just a few blocks away.

Thanks for all your great comments and we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.