Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD
  • Fitness center
  • Fitness center
Catahoula Hotel(New Orleans)
1,370 results
All reviewsfrench quarterbourbon streetrooftop poolgreat view of the citytwo blockswithin walking distancevalet parkingshort walkcanal stfront desk staffwould stay here againvalet servicecouple blocksper dayan easy walkfitness centermardi gras
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is within walking distance of all the main attractions in New Orleans in a quiet area. We found the staff to be very friendly and they gave us a few tips on where to go. We stayed in room 1407 and my only gripe was that it was a bit dark with only lamps to light the room - if we opened the curtains there was another room right opposite. That said we hardly spent any time in the room as New Orleans is such a great place!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

So glad we have another fan of the Crescent City! It was also great to see that you enjoyed the convenient location of the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter. Top it all off with friendly service and you have a great stay.

We hope you're in New Orleans again soon,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel was a good location to Bourbon St, 3 blocks away. Walking distance to the waterfront, Harrahs and superdome. When we drove into the parking garage, we had to wait for a bellhop to come get our bags and so we were holding up traffic that wanted to come in and park. It was only 1 lane in. Check in was fast, on the 11th floor. The front desk was very helpful in giving us directions to anywhere we wanted to go. We had free wi-fi in the room but it costs $3.00 a day to use the safe in the room. We had a free breakfast everyday. We overlooked construction out the back but it didn't matter because the windows were always fogged up. If we wanted to see anything I had to take a towel and wipe down the windows. Our room was right off the elevators and it sounded like we were in the flight path of the airport. Being the rooms don't start til the 12th floor the 4 elevators were going constantly. But would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms by the elevators
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thanks for your comments and we certainly do hope you visit us again the next time you're in New Orleans! So sorry about the elevator noise disturbing your stay but if you'll note that request on your future reservations we'll make sure we get you a quiet room. Location is key especially in a city where you do alot of walking and we're glad our address worked out well for you.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Arrived late and needed to eat without running around in the rain late at night and trying to grab my car out of valet. They made me a great rotisserie chicken sandwich and sent it right up. It was really good..
The service was nice and the valet guys were cordial.. Will stay again because of location and cost

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

So much easier to "eat in" when there's inclement weather and we're glad we hit a home run for you with the chicken rotisserie sandwich.

We look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed January 17, 2013

At the time of my stay they were upgrading the front desk (which is on the 10th floor??). I was greeted as soon as I approached the desk by the friendly staff and my check in was quick and hassle free. My only gripe was that they did not ask if I wanted a non-smoking room or not. I was put into a smoking room, which to a non-smoker is quite overwhelming. Everything reeked of cigarette's. I probably could have moved, but decided to stick it out instead of having to move my gear to another room. The room had a small fridge, microwave and coffee making facilities. However, a kettle would have been great to be able to make a cup of tea. The bed had a dial to be able to choose what comfort setting you wanted (soft or hard) which was quite nice. Also had an armchair and footstool which I made use of when relaxing in my room. There are also laundry facilities in the hotel which at the end of my trip came in VERY handy. Its so nice to wear fresh laundered clothes. All in all, comfortable room, great position and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

It was so nice to see that you enjoyed all the amenities the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter has to offer like a guest laundry, refrigerator, microwave and adjustable mattress. I am so sorry that we were not more attentive to your non-smoking preference but do know we are always happy to assist with a speedy room change.

Hope you stop in again,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

nice hotel located within walking distance of french Q , garden n biz district. plain quiet hotel with a pleasant and helpful staff. even with bowl game down the road it seemed like i had the place to my self. rooftop pool was all mine same for gym.will be back here again because of location on a quiet street that is just a short walk from all the action. i would not eat here . had first breakfast here , and did not like anything about it except server. my mistake, nola has tons of great places to eat , and i eat at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mrbelmont
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thanks for sharing your comments. I'm glad our location worked out so well for you! You are right, there are tons of "eating" opportunities in New Orleans but our team wants to make sure we do breakfast well. We're open to any suggestions you might have.

We invite you to come back soon and often!