Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD
  • Fitness center
  • Fitness center
Catahoula Hotel(New Orleans)
1,370 results
All reviewsfrench quarterbourbon streetrooftop poolgreat view of the citytwo blockswithin walking distancevalet parkingshort walkcanal stfront desk staffwould stay here againvalet servicecouple blocksper dayan easy walkfitness centermardi gras
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2012

A well designed Hilton Garden Inn. The first 10 floors are a parking deck. The lobby is located on the 11th Floor. Great elevators and very friendly staff (especially Floyd the bellman). A easy 10 minute walk to the French Quarter. The room was comfortable and the rooftop was gorgeous. The small workout room is great but the pool is really tiny. Nice icemaker with self service laundry machines enclosed on every floor. The room was fine but our room #1721 had a noisy AC unit that got worse on day two. Also the towels were lacking and I found a Hurricane "stain" on my comforter. The small fridge worked well and the flat screen tv was nice. I really liked the tall ceilings and with better linens this hotel would really rock. The water pressure in this hotel is lacking but it least the water was hot. Parking was 28 dollars a day but this is New Orleans and at least you have in and out privileges.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Your feedback is great and rest assured we'll get that air conditioning unit taken care of. Thanks for giving Floyd props and I'll make sure we share your comments with him. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit!

Come visit us the next time you're in New Orleans,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Have stayed here several time. We have never had a bad stay. The parking is a little high 26 plus dollars but it is in middle of the city. Overall not a bad place to stay. Ask for a room with a city view some of the rooms the window face a hole in the center of the buliding with no view at all.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view several the window looks into the center of the building no view of city
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank abryl_12

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter! Please keep coming back and feel free to reach out to me should you need any assistance with future visits to New Orleans.

Safe travels,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We found the Hilton Garden Inn to be a quiet and well kept hotel. It is located on the opposite side of Canal Street two blocks from the noisy French Quarter. We didn't bring a car but there is parking available for about $25 per night. You enter into a hallway where there are elevators. You get in and press a button for the 15th floor where the lobby is located. Once checked in you will always need your hotel key to operate the elevator (a part of their added security). Our room was small but clean. There is a small breakfast/lunch restaurant located on the lobby floor as well as a bar that is open most nights. Of course with so many bars in New Orleans you can understand why they try not to compete, the bar closes early. The lobby personnel are helpful and can provide you with maps and guidance of things to see while in New Orleans. Try to take the St. Charles Street car while there. Avoid the Canal Street car as it only goes up and down Canal.

Room Tip: All rooms are above the 14th floor so not many bad ones, try not to get near the elevator due to the hall traffic makes it noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OrlandoMouse
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

We know cleanliness is one of the most important considerations for our customers and it's great to know that you experienced that. Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to share the great comments about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter.

We hope you'll stay with us the next time you're in New Orleans!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I just completed my five night stay in the Hilton Garden Inn. I have absolutely no complaints, everything was ideal. Check in was quick, easy, and completely painless. My room was spotless, a good size for just myself. Unfortunately I had a terrible view, it was of a cement wall facing another hotel room, but I kept my blinds closed.. I didn't come to New Orleans to stare out my window.

Everyday my room was cleaned spotlessly, linens refreshed and the housekeeping staff actually organized my shoes for me. I couldn't be more thrilled with the housekeeping.

The location is great, you can see Bourbon Street and the lights from the roof at night. The pool is tiny, but good for a quick refreshing swim. I walked to a concert at the Superdome, but was only a short walk to the French Quarter. Perfect location for me!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Fabulous! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments. I'll be sure to make sure the team knows how happy you were with your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter.

We hope you come back to us soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We just completed a two night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and we were quite pleased with the property. The front desk staff were prompt and friendly and our room was comfy, quiet and well appointed. There is a nice (though tiny) pool on the 18th floor and a great fitness center. The hotel is easy walking distance from dining and shopping, as well as Bourbon street and the French Quarter. However it is not IN the French Quarter, as our somewhat surly cab driver pointed out to us. We were particularly pleased with the friendly service we got from a young man in valet parking who called us a cab and carried our heavy bag out to the curb. A nice touch at the end of our brief stay. We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

It was great to hear your awesome comments about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn French Quarter! We feel our service sets us apart and I am so glad that you experienced that with our front desk and valet teams.

We look forward to serving you again soon!