“The Hilton Garden Inn was safe, clean, nice hotel...”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD
Ranked #58 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed March 7, 2012

It was within a safe walking distance of the French Quarter. The accommodations were very nice; however, not any nicer than the Hampton Inn down the street when I stayed there a couple years ago but with a free breakfast. The breakfast at this hotel was $12.95. The Hilton Garden Inn check-In was on the 11th floor. When you get to the hotel pull into the parking area just passed the front glass doors (even if you do not plan to use their valet parking) as this is the only way to unload your bags. I used the parking valet at a rate of $26 a day (out of convenience) however, it seemed that you could self-park in the same location at a rate of $15, so ask first; I just didn’t want the hassle of moving the bags and car myself. When I stayed at the Hampton Inn the Valet took the car to a totally different location which I assume (now) was the Hilton Garden Inn's parking so I had to wait awhile for them to get my car when I called. The Valet at this hotel always had the car ready when I gave them just a few minutes. We had real nice king bed, microwave, mini fridge, flat screen (with all types of movies you could order) and free internet access. We had to use room key card on the elevator to get to our room on the 14th floor. The gym and small outdoor pool was on the 18th floor. The hotel was quiet and the staff was knowledgeable and accommodating. BTW, there was a CVS just around the corner on Canal Street. I would stay at the hotel again… Please let me know if you liked the review, thanks.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Dashecky123
Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Really? So looking down your nose and being condescending is a trend? Not in any other HGI I have ever stayed in. The front desk staff need to be replaced ASAP. I am a Hilton Diamond member and have never been treated or talked to like these two women did. If I had not had such wonderful experiences at other properties I would seriously consider changing to Marriott.

Room Tip: Dont ask the front desk staff. Go directly to Hilton.com
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Kristi T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter/CBD, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

It is our sincere goal to ensure that each and every guest have a stellar visit, especially our Hilton Honors Diamond members. We know how valuable your loyalty is and would treasure the opportunity to show you our true colors.

Kristi Taglauer, General Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2012

We recently visited with my daughter's family including a toddler. I have never been in a hotel with such an absolutely marvelous attentive staff who went way out of their way to be helpful! The baby was tired and our server in the dining room helped care for her and kept her entertained. We had lost her pacifier during a parade and the hotel sent out and brought us some. Everyone - parking attendants, desk clerks and dining room staff were the best I have ever encountered and I have traveled the world. Special kudos to our server - she is topnotch! The hotel itself was very clean and quiet. We definitely will be returning to this hotel on every visit to New Orleans! Congratulations to management too - you are definitely doing something right!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Thanks so much for sharing your great experience! We want all our guests to feel like we are their "home away from home". Come back and see us soon.

Warm Regards
Kristi Taglauer, General Manager

Reviewed February 26, 2012

This property is very well situated, just 2 blocks from Canal Street and Bourbon Street. Also just a short 1/2 block from the trolley, making it a great base for exploring NOLA. The property itself is dated and the rooms just average, but nothing to complain about. Service during our visit however was all over the map. Perhaps it was the fact that our visit was for the end of Mardi Gras and they were just burned out (I like to give benefit of the doubt). But the service ranged from almost hostile (front desk, my wife call it "service with a snarl"), to indifferent (housekeeping who blew off cleaning our room one day and didn't seem to care), to friendly and bubbly (staff at the morning breakfast the morning after Fat Tuesday, 5 star service for sure). But if you keep your expectations low I would recommend this property as a base for a NOLA visit in spite of the service.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OsideJC
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Based on the Trip Advisor reviews, two couples stayed for two nights at the beginning of February 2012 for the first weekend of Mardi Gras. The hotel is in a good quiet location, close to but not in the French Quarter (about a 4 block walk). Air conditioning worked well, large room and bathroom, two queen beds, free wireless internet.

For a quick weekend this was great. For a longer vacation, I might choose to stay somewhere just a bit closer to restaurants and a grocery store.

The only snafu we had was that the parking company isn't in sync with the hotel, so you can't call down for your car ahead of time, and when we retrieved our car upon checkout, we had to go all the way back up to the lobby to pay for parking. Annoying!

Overall, great value for the money and I would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ami P
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed for several days in August 2011. This hotel was a short walk to the French Quarter, the street cars, and to some great restaurants. The location was perfect because it was close enough to what we wanted to see and do, but there wasn't alot craziness. The view from the rooftop was awesome. The pool was busy everytime we were up there so it would have been nice if it was bigger. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They gave great restaurant recommendations. We enjoyed the hotel restaurant too. Our guestroom was very roomy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Got a really good deal after Mardi Gras and had a great experience. The kids liked the rooftop pool and workout room. Close to The Quarter and riverfront. Nice valet parking (wasn't too expensive with in/out priviledges). Nice little bar and convenience center. Good views from the room. I know the prices skyrocket during events, reason why we haven't stayed there since--but wish we could.

Room Tip: Check the room AC/heat--I guess some guests have trouble getting it set correctly
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family