“I liked it... but maybe I'm just easy to please? :-)”

Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel
Ranked #68 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“I liked it... but maybe I'm just easy to please? :-)”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am inclinded to agree with the other reviewers that the staff is not the quickest or the most friendly, but I found the building to be very charming and pretty and have a great "real" quaint style to it that I loved. Also, my room was spacious and pretty and clean. The bathroom was huge and did have a nice big jet tub. Also, it is not a huge hotel, so it never felt crowded, which was nice, about 6 rooms on two sides on each of 10 floors.
My favorite part about this place however, was the location, it was the least expensive price that I Orbitz-ed, for that location, a few feet off of Canal and a few blocks down from Bourboun St.

Room Tip: I would ask if your room has a window. For effect they add false glass windows to interior rooms whi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BWChristopher, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
We do apologize that our staf didn't meet your expectations and we value your opinion so that we can work on making our communication skills better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We decided (at the last minute) to stay in New Orleans for Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras - hotels were not as available as we would have liked and therefore we chose this hotel for the location only (price was not particularly great and didn't know anyone who had ever stayed here). I was, honestly, a little leary. But, the hotel turned out to be quite a pleasant surprise. Our room was very large, very clean and had every amenity I could ask for. Every staff member that we came in contact with was very pleasant and professional (which I give them extra kudos for, since they are located 1 block from the parade route and it was a little crazy!!). We even had a couple of great after parade drinks at the bar and visited with the very friendly tender Michelle. I would recommend this hotel to anyone! Great location too...just 1/2 block from Canal Street and one block from the casino.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pmrichard00
Thank you for stayign at the St.Christopher Hotel and when booking your next resevation please do not hesitate to give us a call.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 24, 2013

dirty room and rude staff! Room smelled bad and there was a long hair on the pillow of the unused bed.
A self serve kiosk would have been friendlier and more responsive (and faster) than the front desk clerks.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dawn B
We do apologize for your inconviences at the hotel with your room and the staff. Here at the St.Christopher we do value your opinions so that we can make changes within the hotel.
Denver
Reviewed February 22, 2013

A true New Orleans experience. Seriously, desk clerk was awful -- unfriendly to the point fo being rude. Room was filthy and smelly. This was the weekend after Mardi Gras, so I guess everyone must have been exhausted. Would not stay here again, even for free.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JohnClarkDenver
We do apologize for your inconviences with the staf and your room. Here at the Best Western we do value your opinion so that we can make changes within our hotel.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We found an amazing deal on this hotel for our last night in New Orleans. $80.55 was the price but the you have to add the $9.95 fee for internet, gym etc, All things we didn't need for the night so it would be a nice option to not have to take buy it or I think all of that should be included in the price. That said, the service was excellent, frontline staff was amazing suggesting places to eat tours to take etc. The location is within walking distance to everything. Bright bold colors welcome you. When we stepped of the elevator all you could smell was "new", the room was beautiful. Wall to wall windows with a great veiw. The only real downfall was the nosie from the streetcar but being from the country any nosie other than a dog barking would keep me awake.
I wish we would have stayed more nights in this hotel. I would definately recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying at the Best Western and when booking your next reservation please do not hesitate to give us a call.
North American
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I’ve stayed here four times, mostly due to its location, which is excellent. My third visit was Feb 4-8 in a double bed room (#707) the room was fine- very large windows, spacious and clean. The handle on a drawer was broken, and the floor lamp was broken, and haphazardly repaired with masking tape. Overall the stay was good enough that we cancelled our reservation at another hotel and returned Feb 10-13. This time we were assigned to #202. We booked this room because the online description alleges it is an "oversized" room with a King bed and a sofabed. Perfect for 3 people, or so we thought.

We checked in, and the room is not "oversized" by any stretch of the imagination. It was the same size or smaller than our previous room, except for a single, larger bed, and it is crammed with furniture. Nowhere in the room description, nor during check-in were we advised that using the sofa bed would require us to move a very large desk and chair across the room. Not only inconvenient, but a definite fire hazard. (I mention that only because it made it very difficult to manoeuvre around the room, and "fire hazard" was the reason given as to why the hotel does not have cots). If you select the sofa bed room, please know you must move furniture to pull it out.

Once that as finally done, we called the front desk to request bedding for it. Then waited. And waited. And waited. Finally I went to the front desk to request bedding again when I was very curtly told, "he'll be right there". A few minutes later, a maintenance man finally arrived with 2 sheets. No pillows and no blanket and told me they didn't have any. What?! This is a hotel, and it's not even sold out. Go and find some! After a few minutes, he accessed the room next door and begrudgingly allowed us to have the pillows, but not the bedding. Hello! We are paying $200+ a night, an a single flat sheet is not acceptable. Give us the damn bedding! The hassle with the furniture wasn't even worth it because the mattress is so worn out it was impossible to lay on. The floor was much more comfortable, and that's really saying a lot.

The room also doesn’t have a window, only a skylight, so if you have the misfortune of staying in this room, you’re in for a fitful night; especially if it rains, the noise is extraordinary. (Obviously the hotel cannot control the weather, but the lack of service and layout and décor are things they can improve). Mardi Gras is no excuse, it’s not a surprise to anyone when it is scheduled, or that it will be busy. If you’re going to operate or work in a hotel in New Orleans, you have to be able to deal with it.

Room Tip: Had to move furniture to use sofabed. Avoid room #202
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MKUltra3340
BWChristopher, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I am sorry you had this experience over Mardi Gras. I have addressed your issues with my housekeeping team and we will work to have a plan in place for next years Mardi Gras.

We do hope you will come back in the future and allow us a second opportunity to serve you.

Thanks