“Good affordable choice...free breakfast and WiFi!”

Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel
Ranked #74 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Good affordable choice...free breakfast and WiFi!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We received a great deal on Hotwire for this hotel and we're glad we did! The location is great, with easy access to everything by foot. We enjoyed the decor of the rooms and had a room with a semi view of towards the Mississippi. The free breakfast was great with bread and pastry options, cheese, hard boiled eggs, cereal, pancakes, sausage sandwiches, fruit and granola bars. They also had an area with computers that we could print out items we needed and free WiFi.
A great deal!

• Stayed December 2012
BWChristopher, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments! We appreciate your comments and look forward to your future visits in New Orleans!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Polish first
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Not a hotel that I would've chosen, but someone else in my party was responsible for the room reservations. It's in a good, quiet location -- close to everything without being in the middle of it. I shared a double room, which was pretty roomy. My parents had a queen which was really cramped. Loved the exposed brick and the large windows. We did have a problem with the bathroom window. The blinds couldn't be lowered or closed, but maintenance took care of it quickly after we reported the issue. We also had some issues with maid service. One day my room didn't get cleaned at all, and my parents had to call down to the front desk on two separate days to get fresh washcloths.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Riverside, California
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I very much liked the rooms with brick walls and everything in it was decent. They allow dogs and are in a very good location. Of course, there is NO grass anywhere to let the dogs go to the bathroom so we had to walk them down a back alley to pee. Also, there is no parking so you have to valet and it takes about 15 minutes to get your car.

• Stayed December 2012
BWChristopher, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for coming to stay with the Best Western St. Christopher Hotel. On your next reservation please don’t hesitate to give us a call so we may book your room.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night. We had an amazing time in New Orleans, but this place was just such a horrible experience.

Of course we were in New Orleans during a weekend, so we were out very late. Check out is at 11am, so then why did 2 people knock on our door before 10am? 1 person was house keepings, the other was some guy just asking us when we were checking out. While trying to get sleep, this was obnoxious. After that time, we decided to extend our stay for half a day since our flight didn't depart until 5:40pm. We called down to front desk but we were put on hold for a long period without explanation. When we called back, the lady said "Can you just come down here? I have everyone in front of me checking out". We extended our stay through 4pm. After that, FOUR more people knocked on our door. After the 2nd one, I politiely asked that people stop knocking on our door. There wasn't a "Do Not Disturb" door hanger.. The last person that knocked on our door didn't actually knock. She used her key card and opened the door and rudely asked if we were checking out. I explained we extended our stay and she said "Ok Front Desk will be calling you"... What the heck for?
The communication between the staff is horrendous, and resulted in us getting horrible sleep and being put into a horrible mood. We even asked for a late check out and were denied, even though the gentleman running the bar told me they were only 47% full. At 47% full, I expected to not be right next to the Storage unit that staff uses for cleaning supplies while they're cleaning rooms. ALL morning the door was being slammed shut... miserable.
Staff was rude, bad communication, and not to mention there were ants everywhere. Dead ants on our bed spread, dead ants on both night stands, a few in the sink, and I saw one on the ceiling above my bed. Will definitely NOT be back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Leeann L
mobile
Reviewed December 13, 2012

it is a great place to be when you have small kids and want to be in that part of town, but not on bourbon. Obvioulsy there are nicer hotels, so look for better deals. If none i would consider going back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank peterdcpa
San Angelo
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I chose this hotel because of the rate, the location and it was the last King-size bed room in my price range in the area. I read the reviews and expected the room to be small, and it was! My husband and I are tall, so the room felt very small to us. But we did not mind it as we planned to spend our time in New Orleans exploring the city, not in our room. I would not recommend this hotel for honeymooners.

The bathroom had been updates nicely, but there is very limited room for toiletries next to the pedestal sink. Our bedroom contained a small desk, 2 chairs, a bureau with drawers (TV on top), small armoire with safe and hanging space, and a king-size bed - all in about a 12' X 12" space.

The free breakfast was well-stocked when we got there around 8am the first morning, less so when we arrived at 9am the next morning (breakfast is over at 9:30am). I was looking for healthy choices so I had whole wheat toast with peanut butter, peach Yoplait yogurt, a banana, milk, apple juice and coffee. Pancakes, cereal and a few pastries were other options; plus there were some breakfast burritos and sausage biscuits in packages that you could heat up in the microwave. Enough of a breakfast to hold you until you get to Cafe DuMonde for beignets and coffee!

Although the valet parking is an additional fee ($25-30/night), I would recommend it. There does not seem to be any safe nearby parking. The front desk and valet staff were courteous.

The hotel was only a block to the pickup location for a hop-on-hop-off tour bus service, which we appreciated.

The room may have lacked spaciousness, but made up for it with free WIFI, a very comfortable bed and a great shower.

I rated this hotel Average because the room was overly small, but overall I was pleased with the value of the amenities for the room rate.

Room Tip: This is an older downtown hotel that has been updated some, but the rooms are small. If you want mo...