“Enjoyed Our Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Enjoyed Our Stay”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I took my daughter and her fiancee to New Orleans and we looked into using a coupon we found to get a room there at a great rate for a place near the French Quarter. We were very happy when we checked out the room prior to actually checking in. We thought it was a great deal and understood how, during peaks, this same room could go for much more than we paid! It was well within walking distance of the French Quarter, the rooms were very clean, the staff was VERY helpful, friendly, and informative... we would most certainly stay there again.

They did serve a basic continental breakfast, but my daughter wanted to get beignets from Cafe DuMonde anyway. Plus, there is a 24 store right next door as well if you need something short notice, I do not believe they have restaurant service in the hotel either, but we weren't interested in that either.

Room Tip: I normally check out a room before I agree to take the room, taking a look at it before you agree ca...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Marty J
Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves in comfort, great staff and the perfect location that is close to everything. We hope that you travel to our area again sometime in the future and get the opportunity to experience some of our great hospitality again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I traveled to New Orleans for a long weekend. Due to flight times, I arrived at the hotel almost 5 hours before check-in, assuming I would just check my bag but the helpful staff was able to accomodate my early arrival and check me into my room. The room was great, large and clean with a great design (I love the exposed brick wall!) and also very quiet, since each floor only has a few rooms per wing. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom spacious. There was also a good free breakfast, including eggs and waffles.

The location of this hotel is also fantastic. It is just a block from the French Quarter, so simple and quick to get to the fun stuff, without the noise and crowds of being directly in the district. It is only a few minutes walk to Bourbon St., Jackson Square, House of Blues, Shops at Canal Place, the Mississippi River Walk and Harrah's Casino. If you are flying into New Orleans and don't mind a $30+ cab ride, there is no need to have a car if you enjoy walking.

I would definitely recommend this hotel! I was impressed with the price, especially for the location, and will definitely stay here again the next time I travel to New Orleans!

Room Tip: My room had a window but I did hear that not every room has a window, due to the structure of the bu...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Kinisha S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013

Thanks For Staying
C. Brie Stradford & Kinisha Stewart
Front Office Manager
North American
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This hotel holds the ENTIRE balance of your stay on your credit card. Keep that in mind if you are planning to stay here on your trip, as it could impact your budget.

First, the PROS: Location is EXCELLENT. The hotel is just a few steps from Canal street; only a 2 min walk to the Canal St Trolley and within a couple blocks of St Charles Ave (take the trolley to the Garden District), Bourbon St and French Quarter. It is also a few minutes walk from the Casino. The rate was good and water pressure/temperature in the shower was excellent. My room (#408) was located VERY close to the elevators and vending machines, but I didn't hear a sound.

CONS: The mattress was the WORST! I had to cut my stay short by 3 days prior to checking in, which I was disappointed about, but I am so grateful that happened because the mattress was totally spongy/springy and worn out. I spoke to the front desk clerk in the morning and asked if there was another room I could change to because the bed was awful. She acknowledged the mattresses are all old and because of that changing rooms wouldn't make a difference. No apology or offer to discount the rate was made, which surprised me. Not only was the mattress well beyond the point of needing to be replaced, the hotel uses cheap small "throw cushion" type pillows, and one of the pillowcases was filthy (see photo). I cannot imagine how a anyone could wash, dry, fold it and make the bed and not see the stain... it was also on the bottom side, obviously meant to hide it.

On my second night I didn't get back from a business dinner until about 1am. When I entered the hotel, no one was at the desk. I went to my room and called the Front Desk. The man who answered the phone was extremely rude and cut me off mid-word with "What time do you want the wake-up call?" I excused myself and said that I wasn't finished speaking, and was calling to have the phone/clock replaced while I was out the following day in addition to the wake up call. He did not apologize for being so rude and interrupting me.

The hotel has old tube TVs, and the sound/video on the TV in #408 is very fuzzy. (Although, if you're in New Orleans, why bother watching TV?!)

I completed a survey emailed to me about my stay, and also emailed the hotel to outline these issues. I received a form letter with the subject line "DEEPEST SINCERE APOLOGY LETTER" (in caps in the original) from the manager, Tracy Collins, offering to mail me a voucher for free night at the hotel. I never received it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank MKUltra3340
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We went on a boys holiday from the UK to New Orleans for voodoo weekend.

The hotel was brilliant, loads of room in a twin, we had a shower/hot tub bath, it was clean but didnt have a window, the location was right in the edge of the french quater, close enough to experience it but far enough away not to keep you up at night.

perfect place for friends and coulpes.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank chrisfield1983
Melbourne
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel prior to and after a cruise. Lori on reception was particularly friendly and helpful, with check in, helping us to store luggage after check out, calling cabs and giving us general information etc. A receptionist and bellboy on one.
The hotel was in a great location with the attractions in the French Quarter within easy walking distance. We requested a room with a window which we were able to have. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and we used their free wireless connection. A continental breakfast was provided at no extra cost, which was a nice touch. I loved the brick walls and the general ambience and feel of this hotel.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 50plustropicallover
Lawrence, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and found it to be a great location, no matter if you just want to walk to the French Quarter and explore downtown or do a day trip with a car.
The hotel is located just across Canal Street, which is the western edge of the Quarter. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean and there is free continental breakfast. The hotel is not brand new and if you're looking for windows in your room, not all rooms have them. But at least the sun doesn't wake you up early in the morning. The rooms are not tremendous, but they have all you need. Wi-Fi is free and there is valet parking, which is $28 per day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Penguin85
Pittsfield, ME
Reviewed September 26, 2011

During and very busy weekend in New Orleans, I was able to find a comfortable and affordable room with handicapped access. The room was clean and well cared for, though the hotel is not the newest on the block.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was within walking distance of the French Quarter so there was no need to rent a car. In spite of the noise on the street, the hotel was very quiet and suitable for those of us who actually want to sleep while in this fabulous city!
When returning to New Orleans, I will be returning to St. Christopher's. No fancy spa or pool...just a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jaymb49
BWChristopher, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
I am always pleased to hear feed back from our guest. I am glad that your stay here at the Best Western Plus St.Christopher Hotelwas enjouable, Please come stay again soon.

Tracy Collins