“I didn't get a pony for my birthday, but it's all good!”
Review of Woodhouse Day Spa

Woodhouse Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Full service day spa featuring Massage Therapy, Body Treatments, Skin Care Treatments, Nail Treatments.Male and female locker rooms with showers, "Quiet Rooms" for relaxing in a Woodhouse luxurious robe, Vichy Shower Room.Only 2 miles from the French Quarter on the Canal St streetcar line.
Reviewed March 16, 2017

Went to the Woodhouse Day Spa in New Orleans for their Woodhouse Experience. I went to their website and read what the package entails because booking a spa package without knowing what I'm getting would just be silly. Good thing too, because I found out the Woodhouse Experience usually includes a bath cure followed by a four handed massage. Having two therapists work on me at the same time creeps me out, so I opted for a 110 minute Swedish instead. The concierge who booked my appointment was awesome. I think it had something to do with the fact I treated her like a human being deserving respect and not a servant born to do my bidding. My spa day started with me arriving at the spa AT LEAST 30 minutes before my appointment began because I work in New Orleans and know that sometimes finding a parking in the city can suck. Also, I have enough common sense to know that if my appointment is booked for 11am, that means my SERVICE begins at 11AM. Not whenever I feel like plopping my body on my massage therapist's table. I know this because I've been to spas all over the world. While I waited, I took a quick shower because hygiene is awesome and I figured my service providers would appreciate not having to smell my body funk from the night before. After that, I relaxed in their quiet area where I noticed there were other people there waiting for their services. This did not shock me what with the fact that I've been to other spas (all over the world) and not once was shown to a broom closet to wait all by my lonesome. Human companionship is almost as awesome as good hygiene. My massage therapist was Neesa, but her real name is probably Hands Of Relaxing Awesomeness. She did not cure my myopia, but that's why I own glasses and really, all I wanted to do was relax, a feat she certainly accomplished. Thus the name. My next service was a nourishing Woodhouse Signature Minkyti Facial performed by Jalyn who is a true artist when it comes to cleaning dirt encrusted pores. My skin has never felt cleaner or more moisturized. Pretending to be a bearded merman with a unibrow when she applied my seaweed mask was a bonus. After that, I was whisked away to a pedicure chair where the talented and courageous Anika went to work on my callused feet as she gave me my Seaweed Leaf Pedicure. Although she protested when I said my feet had to be the gnarliest set of hoofs she ever had the misfortune to encounter, I still felt I owed her a medal of bravery or something just for having to look at them. Afterwards, my feet felt as soft and as smooth as a very soft and smooth...thing. Well done, soldier. Well done. After a day of being relaxed and beautimized, I went to the concierge desk to pay my bill and tip my service providers for a job well done, tipped them at least 20% because that's kind of what you're supposed to do what with the fact that these guys don't get paid the full price of the service but probably a commission or an hourly rate. I know this because I've been to spas. All over the world.

1  Thank karmagrl31276
in 2 reviews
"mask"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed March 10, 2017

I went to Woodhouse on my birthday in February. The entire staff was amazing and very welcoming. Johnathan did my massage and he was great. He was very gentle and answered any questions that I had during the massage. The ambiance of the spa was relaxing and I didn't want to leave! The nail technician was even kind enough to fit me into her appointments so that I could get a last minute polish change.

I wish that I lived in New Orleans because The Woodhouse would always be my go-to spot! I highly recommend their services as they are truly professionals. I don't usually ever write any reviews but I had to make it my mission to spread awareness of how awesome this team is. I can't wait to visit that beautiful city and spa next time!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

Had a great experience at the spa.
Sandra L. made my time at the spa super relaxing and one of the best manicure I've ever had! Would defiantly recommend this spa and Sandra L.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

The location of the spa was great for us. After being in the French quarters for three days it was kind of nice to get out of the hustle and bustle. This is located in midcity, that was just a quick 10 minute Uber ride!! The staff there was wonderful, the ambience was so peaceful and relaxing. No detail was missed in creating the spa experience. I would definitely recommend this spa to anyone in New Orleans! When we return on vacation we will definitely be booking an appointment there!

1  Thank Leslie F