“Bike tour”

FreeWheelin' Bike Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Established in 2011 - FreeWheelin' Bike Tours is a local, family owned company - Our local roots go back to a time before New Orleans was a city and Louisiana was a state. We were the 1st bike company to offer a tour through City Park, the Garden District, the French Quarter & a nighttime bike ride - if it's not a FreeWheelin' Bike Tour, it's not the real deal! Being born of this extraordinary city and its surrounding bayous, we have a love for our home that is unparalleled - and we want you to experience our city the way we do every day - from the seat of a smokin' cool cruiser bike. Be good to yourself by choosing a tour with no windows, no doors and no blisters on your feet - see the city by bike; you'll be happy you did! If you want quality, value & authenticity, then look no further - we offer the most original & historically accurate bike tours that New Orleans has to offer. At FreeWheelin', we aim to make your ride with us THE most enjoyable and memorable experience you'll have while in New Orleans. Make the best decision of your vacation and take a ride with us - we've got a lot to show you! Slow down, relax and enjoy the ride, Ryan, Melissa and Ava Bergeron, Owners Teddy, Laura, Jonathan & Andrew - The All-Star Crew of Bike Tour Professionals
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very pleasant worker-owned business providing excellent service. The bikes are extremely comfortable (and American made!) The guides were very knowledgeable, and extremely friendly. I highly recommend any of the tours they have available.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I took my family on this trip- we're a range of ages from 18 to early 50's, and a range of athletic ability. The tour was three hours in total, but everyone was able to handle it without a problem because we took it easy, stopped several times to hear about the areas, and made a stop for beignets and coffee. It was so interesting, entertaining, and educational. I think my family was skeptical when I brought up the idea of a bicycle tour, but they loved it. Thanks for a great experience, Teddy! Oh, and I emailed through the website the night before I wanted to take the tour, since they were already closed, and Teddy called me right away to answer my questions.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The tour was GREAT, especially if you're looking to get the full experience of New Orleans. The guide took us to parts of New Orleans I didn't know existed. We rode through different neighborhoods seeing different sites and the local were nice,speaking as we rode pass. The guide took the group to a local ice cream spot trying to switch my daughter's addiction from Beingets. The parks were amazing. They treated you as family and even gave tips on where to eat. My next trip to New Orleans I'm DEFINITELY going back to rent a bike. THE BEST WAY TO GET AROUND TOWN! This was definitely me and my family's highlight of visting New Orleans

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was our first trip to New Orleans and the Creole bike tour was a great way to see and learn about the city. Our guide, Teddy, was very knowledgable about the history of New Orleans and he made the tour very interesting and fun. The day was beautiful and the bike tour was a GREAT way to spend the day outside. We would definitely do it again!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Excellent bike tour of the New Orleans neighborhoods. Our tour guide Ted was laid back and very informative with a local perspective. I'd do the tour again. Can't think of a better way to get a feel for where folks live while getting some exercise and education. I don't write many reviews but this one earned the compliments.